Sniffy
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2009
- Messages
- 2,043
- Reaction score
- 95
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Connecticut
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Prizm III Teknetics T2
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I done most of the damage myself. Lack of experience I suppose. I was just hoping it to be my oldest coin (which it probally is) but i'll never know for sure. I am focused on the next big copper, cant' wait.Iron Patch said:Remember the condition... and don't try cleaning similar ones. Even just water or peroxide will wipe the surface clean if the detail was mostly in the dirt or corrosion. I see people wetting coins and relics they shouldn't, and I see it over and over and over again. Anyone who has a nice green relic, but big brown or black spots... guess what... you did most of it!
Obviously the coin was very poor to begin with, and even the rarest coppers aren't worth much when that bad, so just think about finding the next.
Sniffy said:Yeah, I'm pretty sure I done most of the damage myself. Lack of experience I suppose. I was just hoping it to be my oldest coin (which it probally is) but i'll never know for sure. I am focused on the next big copper, cant' wait.Iron Patch said:Remember the condition... and don't try cleaning similar ones. Even just water or peroxide will wipe the surface clean if the detail was mostly in the dirt or corrosion. I see people wetting coins and relics they shouldn't, and I see it over and over and over again. Anyone who has a nice green relic, but big brown or black spots... guess what... you did most of it!
Obviously the coin was very poor to begin with, and even the rarest coppers aren't worth much when that bad, so just think about finding the next.