Colonial Dream Hunt

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The Three Detectateers got out to a spot that we just began to hit last week. The landowner is one of the nicest that I contacted so far. He shows a serious interest in what the history of his land is. We had to park a good 10 minute walk from the field and the lingering pain from my subsiding spell of Gout was still bothering me. As we were walking I kept telling speed walker Kyle to slow down due to his hurting uncle. I honestly think he couldn't pay attention to what I was saying because he was in colonial LA-LA land due to the potential of this spot. Like speaking to a colonial brick wall. His brother Kirk on the other hand was hanging back and allowing his uncle to gimp along at his pace. What a guy. As we began to detect it soon became apparent that this site is what dreams are made of. I was swinging no longer than 5 minutes with my Vision when I got a +43 VDI and pulled out a very worn copper with smooth green patina. I yelled COPPER. That brought Kyle out of his revery. After that Kirk yelled out Button which turned out to be a Royal Navy Double anchored Gilted beauty. Not sure exactly what it is. We began chiming in regularly every 5 minutes or so for an hour and a half and brought home a record breaking 12 Coppers in an hour and a half. 2 more a little later and the final tally was 14 coppers for the day. I found a small Jews Harp, 2 thimbles a ball button, 2 flat buttons, harness buckle, pocket knife piece, lots of Pewter spoon parts and a nice iron axe head which is not in the pictures. My 1775 KG III is one of the best shaped colonials that my group has ever found. My total was three coppers, Kirks was four coppers and Kyles was a whopping 7 Coppers for the day. I found the slug copper, KG III and a Classic head 180? largie. Kirk found Dr. bust half cent, Dr. bust largie, nice Conn. copper and an unknown worn copper. Kyles reads as a novel. 1822 Coronet, 1831 Coronet, KG II, another KG II, 179? Dr. bust largie, Classic head largie and a paper thin wrinkled copper. Coins and relics had by all. After we began wrapping up the hunt I commented that I was a little upset that I only found 3 coppers for the day. We all had a nice belly laugh about that one. Wouldn't it be nice to say that every week? ;D
Chris
PIC00002-2.jpg

PIC00004-5.jpg

PIC00014-3.jpg

PIC00011-4.jpg

PIC00007-9.jpg

Upvote 0

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
WOW!! what a dream hunt!! incredible! all those in one day!! a beautiful KG III indeed- congratulations!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KILLER KG copper! And of course, I am very envious of the Complete jew's harp. That is a great find too.

Wonderful hunt all around for you. Congratulations!

-Buck

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That 75' is really in Great shape Chris :thumbsup: Can you all still hunt the field's up your way? Awesome stuff!!!!

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BuckleBoy said:
KILLER KG copper! And of course, I am very envious of the Complete jew's harp. That is a great find too.

Wonderful hunt all around for you. Congratulations!

-Buck
Thanks Buck. I am also extatic with the Jews harp. This site should still have some more goodies. Next week for sure. :thumbsup:
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
civilman1 said:
That 75' is really in Great shape Chris :thumbsup: Can you all still hunt the field's up your way? Awesome stuff!!!!
Thanks Civilman...Yeah the fields are still detectable for now. Not for long though.
Chris

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Hunt WOW!!

:hello2:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
i have quite a few george 111 coppers but i don't think i have one as good as that :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going on the copper! +43 VDI is an interesting number. I bet you weren't thinking copper on that one!

Congrats,
Neil

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spectacular hunt Chris!! Your coppers and Jew's Harp are absolutely stunning :thumbsup:

I'm certain those coppers were the best remedy any doctor could have prescribed :wink:

Take care!
watercolor

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
That is awesome!!!! Even if you just found three coppers the one in the middle looks to be in really nice condition! :)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,
Congrats on a great hunt. That copper is in great shape.
NJ

(Over the years I've learned so much from this site. Looking at Chris' pictures before reading the post I'm picking out items like the Jews Harp which a year or two ago I would have had no clue what it is. So thanks to all the members of T-Net for my past and future education.)

Colonialhunter

Apr 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Just by previous posts on this forum I know you guys are top notch in detecting. Great coppers by all. "I'm not worthy!" :notworthy: You guys are the best. Really mean it to.

Ronald

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Bice coins and relics! :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking counterfeit, I like these more than the regal types 8)

PA

Mar 18, 2009
hi colonial copper zeus,

like i said many times beofore i found many fields that gave me over 50 big pennys before. they are hard to find. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread