Colonial Heaven New Site

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was out looking today for a new spot to hunt with my new T2 and decided to try a old homestead where the house was torn down along time ago. as soon as I got out and started walking the field I notice broken glass,brick,plate etc. scatter everywhere. didn't take long to find the first large copper,then another,and soon the Spanish silver showed up.this one is dated 1786.near the end of the hunt I hit the 1803 half cent.talk about a rush! as I turned around to head back towards the car I got a great hit about 7 inches down and out came the snake buckle hook.im guessing war of 1812.feels good to get and and find some treasure from long ago.will be hitting this field again this week when I get a chance. I'm really liking this new machine of mine:laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    749.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 132
Upvote 21
You picked the right machine for the job! Looks like you are 2 are getting along great. The coins are great but that snake is awesome

Looks like you've got a great spot there…can't wait to see what else you pull out of there!

Nice bunch of coins, the snake is a nice peace as well.8-)

Is that a sterling snake buckle hook ? :icon_scratch: Amazing really amazing !! :thumbsup:
Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Very promising hunt on the new site!

An interesting group of finds. Your 1773 halfpenny is a counterfeit and belongs to the "Boyish George Family," as those who collect these seriously have titled it. I found a nice one several years back.

Great finds. That looks like a Goose[neck] to me. Notice the eye and the nostril.

Last edited:
Yea I think thats actually a swan design on your hook! A really neat piece you have there...I found a little cloak clasp not too long ago with a swan design on it so it wouldn't surprise me if thats what it is...Mine wasn't silver though!!

I wish I could find a spot like that, I'm almost amazed that you found a spot where someone hasn't already been there. Nice finds, cool stuff, congrats!

Good eye guys. That would be one wimpy looking snake lol

A dream site for sure! Keep hitting it and keep posting. I feel that threads you post from this particular site are gonna be the ones to watch. Quality finds! Congrats!!

Nice finds. We live in a great place here. But, finding spots that have not been detected is tough. Good luck, want to see what else you find.
Happy hunting.

Nice digs. It does look like a goose, And nice save on the coins, great hunt.

Very nice finds. You really got some goodies out of that place. Congrats. GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back