What's new

Colonial Silver! and Half Dime, Cross 2 off the Bucket List

Metal Illness

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
612
Reaction score
722
Golden Thread
0
Location
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my 3rd Spanish Silver from this site. It has really been a killer site. I have found, 5 New Coin Firsts from this corn field and all of the Silver variety. I found this 10 minutes out of the truck, it was the first target I found today. The FE numbers bounced a little bit, from 10/11 to as high as 15/16 but settled around 11/12, but the CO numbers held pretty steady between 41/43/44. I have dug 7-8 Brass washers that display the exact same inconsistent FE numbers and I believed I was going to find another one, boy was I surprised when this 1782 2 Reale popped out of the plug!! I finished the day with a couple Indians as well, 1875 and 1906. Thanks for looking, Bill

PS: Here is my First ever Half Dime, from 10-10-15. Same site.
 

Attachments

  • Carlous III 1782  2 Reale.webp
    Carlous III 1782 2 Reale.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Carolus III 1782  2 Reale  Reverse.webp
    Carolus III 1782 2 Reale Reverse.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1707.webp
    IMG_1707.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Seated Half Dime        1844                    10-10-2015.webp
    Seated Half Dime 1844 10-10-2015.webp
    16 KB · Views: 206
  • Seated Half Dime 1844 Reverse 10-10-2015.webp
    Seated Half Dime 1844 Reverse 10-10-2015.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 70
Great finds you have there.
 
Nice Bill,
Congrats, boy that field has been real good to you.
Is that were you found the 2 Capped bust halfs?
If it is wait till you can get your coil closer to the ground. Wow.
 
excellent digs, that two reale is very nice
 
Congrats on the silvers! Wow striking two off in one day is impressive, and the 2R is making me a tad green around the gills.
 
You sure do have a great site to hunt. Loving those coins. It's very hard to pull coins from the 1700's in Ohio. You're living the dream man.
 
Congrats on some beautiful coins. Two bucket list coins in one hunt is BIG.
 
Nice Bill,
Congrats, boy that field has been real good to you.
Is that were you found the 2 Capped bust halfs?
If it is wait till you can get your coil closer to the ground. Wow.

Thanks George. Yes it is the same field. I have found Two 1 Reale's, 2 Flying Eagle Pennys, A capped Bust Half, (my friend found the other one) Seated Quarter, Half Dime, Large Cent, 2 Cent, 6-8 Indians and a Large Tombac Button all from a small site in a cornfield in Ohio. I had 1 1700s coin in 5 years of hunting and it came from a door knock. I have found 2 now in about 3 1/2 weeks at this site.
 
Yeah buddy! Man that must have felt great right out of the chute. My first 2 spanish were both 1782 2 Rs so that coin holds a special meaning to me. It's crazy how one site can produce so many amazing finds while you can hunt 50 sites that can't touch that one. Really happy for Ya buddy. Id love to see a pic of all the great finds together. I'm sure it's very impressive
 
great Spanish silver, that's why it pays to dig every repeatable signal when youre on a hot site like that!, great job!
 
Beauty hunt MI! That 2R is a great find and the half dime is as well. Keep hitting that site and I'm sure there's more!
 
Just plain killer! Wow. I just don't know what to say...
 
Congrats on the 2 reale. Looks like a Potosi mint mark. You're on on great site right now, Enjoy her while she's hot, because it's only a matter of time before she stops putting out.
 
Congrats on the 2 reale. Looks like a Potosi mint mark. You're on on great site right now, Enjoy her while she's hot, because it's only a matter of time before she stops putting out.

Thanks Steve. It is relativity a small site (debris field) I can't believe what it has given up so far. I know another season (beans next year) should help get my coil closer to the ground and maybe find a few more that I'm missing this season!
And you called it, it is a Potosi Mint Mark. Leaves you wondering how that coin made it's way from south America to a cornfield in SW Ohio?
 
Couple of beauts there Bill - WTG!!
 
Outstanding silver coin finds , many more on the return trip.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom