What's new

Colonial Silver! and Half Dime, Cross 2 off the Bucket List

Metal Illness

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
612
Reaction score
722
Golden Thread
0
Location
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my 3rd Spanish Silver from this site. It has really been a killer site. I have found, 5 New Coin Firsts from this corn field and all of the Silver variety. I found this 10 minutes out of the truck, it was the first target I found today. The FE numbers bounced a little bit, from 10/11 to as high as 15/16 but settled around 11/12, but the CO numbers held pretty steady between 41/43/44. I have dug 7-8 Brass washers that display the exact same inconsistent FE numbers and I believed I was going to find another one, boy was I surprised when this 1782 2 Reale popped out of the plug!! I finished the day with a couple Indians as well, 1875 and 1906. Thanks for looking, Bill

PS: Here is my First ever Half Dime, from 10-10-15. Same site.
 

Attachments

  • Carlous III 1782  2 Reale.webp
    Carlous III 1782 2 Reale.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Carolus III 1782  2 Reale  Reverse.webp
    Carolus III 1782 2 Reale Reverse.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1707.webp
    IMG_1707.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Seated Half Dime        1844                    10-10-2015.webp
    Seated Half Dime 1844 10-10-2015.webp
    16 KB · Views: 206
  • Seated Half Dime 1844 Reverse 10-10-2015.webp
    Seated Half Dime 1844 Reverse 10-10-2015.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 70
Killer condition on that 2 Reale!
 
Killer collection of coins! Congratulations :occasion14:
 
A hunt to be proud of.
Now the rest is cake! :thumbsup:
 
This is my 3rd Spanish Silver from this site. It has really been a killer site. I have found, 5 New Coin Firsts from this corn field and all of the Silver variety. I found this 10 minutes out of the truck, it was the first target I found today. The FE numbers bounced a little bit, from 10/11 to as high as 15/16 but settled around 11/12, but the CO numbers held pretty steady between 41/43/44. I have dug 7-8 Brass washers that display the exact same inconsistent FE numbers and I believed I was going to find another one, boy was I surprised when this 1782 2 Reale popped out of the plug!! I finished the day with a couple Indians as well, 1875 and 1906. Thanks for looking, Bill

PS: Here is my First ever Half Dime, from 10-10-15. Same site.

Great finds
 
A great site you have there, especially for Ohio. But even long after the US mint was in operation, the primary silver coins were Spanish. Even into the 1830s.
 
WTG on the Finds! Gotta love colonial Spanish silver in the hole!
 
That's just a great bunch of stuff! Love em all, esp. the 2 reale, that had to feel great coming out of the ground.. I wouldn't know yet, but I can imagine! LOL
Congrats, loved to see it. HH.
 
Nice finds Bill, your 2 real appears to be from the potosi mint.....Joe McDonough
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom