Colorado Governor to Sign Shotgun Ban Into Law

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is pure sickness what has happened to Colorado........I guess to the current crop of residents there the heritage of that state doesn't count for anything.......:BangHead:

I think in the end all the uber gun folks will create their own country. A guntopia or gunocracy where everyone carries a bunch of guns all the time etc etc. but I guess we already have places like that - Afghanistan, Somalia, Rwanda etc.

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Colorado update:

• ​Online gun certification: ​Senate Bill 195, banning online certification for concealed carry permits and requiring people to attend classes in person — advances in Senate

• ​Liability for “assault”-style weapons: Senate Bill 196, holding manufacturers and sellers of semiautomatic weapons liable for violence committed with them — ​killed by sponsor

• ​Gun ban for domestic abusers: Senate Bill 197, banning certain domestic violence abusers from owning guns — advances in Senate

​• Limits on high-capacity ammunition:​ House Bill 1224, limiting gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds but amended to not outlaw the “standard shotgun” — ​advances in Senate

​• Gun ban on college campuses: ​House Bill 1226, banning concealed weapons on college campuses — ​killed by sponsor

​• Background check fee:​ House Bill 1228, requiring gun buyers to pay for their own background checks — ​advances in Senate

​• Universal background checks:​ House Bill 1229, requiring background checks for all gun transfers, including private sales — ​advances in Senate

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think in the end all the uber gun folks will create their own country. A guntopia or gunocracy where everyone carries a bunch of guns all the time etc etc. but I guess we already have places like that - Afghanistan, Somalia, Rwanda etc.
If all law abiding citizens carried there would be a lot less crime. The countries you mentioned all are in shambles much like what the left is trying to create in america (class warfare, rights being taken away, record numbers of food stamp recipients and massive unemployment). Something to consider.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Colorado update:

• ​Online gun certification: ​Senate Bill 195, banning online certification for concealed carry permits and requiring people to attend classes in person — advances in Senate

• ​Liability for “assault”-style weapons: Senate Bill 196, holding manufacturers and sellers of semiautomatic weapons liable for violence committed with them — ​killed by sponsor

• ​Gun ban for domestic abusers: Senate Bill 197, banning certain domestic violence abusers from owning guns — advances in Senate

​• Limits on high-capacity ammunition:​ House Bill 1224, limiting gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds but amended to not outlaw the “standard shotgun” — ​advances in Senate

​• Gun ban on college campuses: ​House Bill 1226, banning concealed weapons on college campuses — ​killed by sponsor

​• Background check fee:​ House Bill 1228, requiring gun buyers to pay for their own background checks — ​advances in Senate

​• Universal background checks:​ House Bill 1229, requiring background checks for all gun transfers, including private sales — ​advances in Senate
At least the liability issue is dead...for now.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If all law abiding citizens carried there would be a lot less crime. The countries you mentioned all are in shambles much like what the left is trying to create in america (class warfare, rights being taken away, record numbers of food stamp recipients and massive unemployment). Something to consider.

Actually unemployment hit a 4 year low on Friday, stock market at a five year high and crime rates at post war lows??

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Actually unemployment hit a 4 year low on Friday, stock market at a five year high and crime rates at post war lows??
Are you saying unemployment is at an acceptable level? You know as well as I do that the number they release is always revised up and it does not include the people who have given up looking for work, as well as those who have applied and are receiving disability. I would say the market is artificially high as there is no real reason for it to be up (like these fake unemployment numbers) and just where are you getting your crime rate statistics from?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where in my statement did I say that unemployment was at an except able level? I don't think I stated anything that could even be confused with that statement. I stated the number was at a four year low. Hopefully it will continue to decline. No number is perfect and that's why we focus on the direction/trend and not the absolute number.

Crime statistics are all over the place just search the net. This is a very well known stat. This article from the Christian Science monitor popped up but you can slice and dive it all on the fbis website. I don't think there is any debate at all about this. I even see the progun folks use it all the time

The last time the crime rate for serious crime – murder, rape, robbery, assault – fell to these levels, gasoline cost 29 cents a gallon and the average income for a working American was $5,807.

That was 1963.

In the past 20 years, for instance, the murder rate in the United States has dropped by almost half, from 9.8 per 100,000 people in 1991 to 5.0 in 2009. Meanwhile, robberies were down 10 percent in 2010 from the year before and 8 percent in 2009.

RECOMMENDED: US crime rate down: six key reasons

The declines are not just a blip, say criminologists. Rather, they are the result of a host of changes that have fundamentally reversed the high-crime trends of the 1980s. And these changes have taken hold to such a degree that the drop in crime continued despite the recent recession.

Because the pattern "transcends cities and US regions, we can safely say crime is down," says James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University in Boston. "We are indeed a safer nation than 20 years ago."

He and others give four main reasons for the decline:

Increased incarceration, including longer sentences, that keeps more criminals off the streets.
Improved law enforcement strategies, including advances in computer analysis and innovative technology.
The waning of the crack cocaine epidemic that soared from 1984 to 1990, which made cocaine cheaply available in cities across the US.
The graying of America characterized by the fastest-growing segment of the US population – baby boomers – passing the age of 50.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unemployment is at 7.7% after 5 years and they do not even count people who have given up looking or benefits have expired.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unemployment is at 7.7% after 5 years and they do not even count people who have given up looking..

And where was it last year, the year before and the year before. And a year from now it will be lower and lower still the year after. And then when it's at what you think is an appropriate level if a democrat is in office you can then say that the president has nothing to do with the unemployment rate anyways.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Picker, I was asking you if you thought it was at an appropriate level. Not saying you did. "Are you saying unemployment is at an acceptable level?" I sure don't see crime going down around here. regardless of what statistics say. You yourself have stated that statistics are easily manipulated.....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
And where was it last year, the year before and the year before. And a year from now it will be lower and lower still the year after. And then when it's at what you think is an appropriate level if a democrat is in office you can then say that the president has nothing to do with the unemployment rate anyways.
All lower numbers mean is they are even more doctored than before. If unemployment was truly going down than why do we have more people on food stamps and disability than ever before? Have you not said in the past that you like to question everything? So why do you take THEIR numbers at face value?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All lower numbers mean is they are even more doctored than before. If unemployment was truly going down than why do we have more people on food stamps and disability than ever before? Have you not said in the past that you like to question everything? So why do you take THEIR numbers at face value?

Sure. You do realize that this argument is made by each side under every administration since the very beginning. And you will start seeing the food stamps numbers start to decline - those numbers tend to lag. You have to now what stats are leading and which are lagging indicators. Just as the stock market tends to lead the actually economy by up to 1 year plus.

And to answer your question the unemployment stats are very well scrutinized and while not perfect they tend to be fairly good at determining direction / trends.

As you might imagine I had to track and understand about every gov stat under the sun given their impact on the stock market.

But don't get me started on what I think of the inflation stats, those are even more suspect than the employment stats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread