Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own two Makro PP, one for me, one for grandson or wife. I like the Makro, can't imagine not having one. However, I am sometimes a bit annoyed at the control buttons being on the back.

It seems like it sure would be nice to have the controls on top of the PP. I believe the Garret carrot has the controls on top. Has anyone had experience with both?

I believe if the controls were on top, one could change sensitivity on the fly, rather than stop what you are doing to press the buttons on the back.

When I first started using a PP the first of the year, I never thought this point would bother me, but I gotta believe there is a better way to get this done.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern,

I like where the button is on my "carrot" and on my TRX pinpointers, as they're easy to push with my thumb to detune, while looking for your target. You don't need two hands to push a button.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like where the button is on my "carrot" and on my TRX pinpointers, as they're easy to push with my thumb to detune, while looking for your target. You don't need two hands to push a button.

Thank you. That's my point.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Nokta is easy for me to use with one hand (that's all I have!) =]
The buttons on the end are simple to use, even with gloves on - gotta hold yer tongue just right, though....!
Didn't take long to learn tricks, like covering the speaker hole as I was turning it off, especially when the public was nearby,
where I was running with vibrate-only mode...didn't want to disturb their peace and fun....!

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my Minelab Pro 25. It's got an alarm on it that beeps after a few minutes of inactivity. I was out metal detecting in the hills a few years back and it came out of the holder on my hip around a hundred yards from where I was when I reached for it and discovered that I dropped it. I walked back towards it and could hear it beeping. I might have not found it if it wasn't beeping. Lot of rough country where I was detecting at that time.
It also has a little more depth detection than the Garrett that my buddy has. Nice light on it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread