Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, Gents, I decided to hunt my Colonial farm that I received permission at in March of this year. I found my find of the year today to boot. I was about 50 yards from where an early cabin stood when I got a perfect Nickel reading at a depth of 2". I was very surprised to see these flip out of the dirt. A complete set of 18th century cufflinks. They appear to be circa 1790. I was smiling all giddilly after finding them. The design is difficult to see from the pictures, but there appear to be stars on the face of each cufflink. It is rare to find a complete set of cufflinks in a field. In a plowed field to boot.

I also ended the day with an early button and other doo-dads from this site. Merry Christmas to me and to all in Tnet land!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Attachments

• 18th Century Cufflinks 003.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 003.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 18th Century Cufflinks 007.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 007.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 18th Century Cufflinks 009.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 009.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 128
  • 18th Century Cufflinks 014.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 014.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 16

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:

Early cufflink set.... now that's something I have not got my coil! They're a little more square, just like your head. :)

Last edited:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding what was one of your goals, a set of cufflinks. Nice design, can't make out other than geometric type I guess. Nice to get any finds in Pa in mid December!

Don

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:thumbsup:

Early cufflink set.... now that's something I have not got my coil! They're a little more square, just like your head. :)

Thanks, Patch. I was thrilled to see it.

Kirk

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on finding what was one of your goals, a set of cufflinks. Nice design, can't make out other than geometric type I guess. Nice to get any finds in Pa in mid December!

Don

Thanks, Don! Appreciate it! You and Steve are the ones that hear it the most. All of my goals. <laughing> Love this hobby!

Kirk

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on YOUR cufflinks ! That really is a great Christmas find. I think they look really good and all in one piece in a plowed field ? Wow. WTG.
Think the other one is sitting there ?? Oooo.

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very awesome find! Colonial cuff links are one one my favorite finds. I dont know if I have found more than a few still fastened together in almost 25 years of swinging. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very awesome find! Colonial cuff links are one one my favorite finds. I dont know if I have found more than a few still fastened together in almost 25 years of swinging. :occasion14:

Thanks, Man, appreciate it. I was shocked to see them in the hole. I have been digging early stuff in the area, so it fits the era. I have dug a CT copper at this site in the past.

Kirk

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the complete set of links, a hard find to obtain for most.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Seems several people have found some lately. I'd sure like to join that club!

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks all for the replies! I am excited about the 2015 season. I will obtain permission for a new farm or two next year and hunt it slow. I already have my plans in store.

Kirk

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there Kirk! Glad to see you were able to get out, and make a nice find to boot. You don't see a connected pair of cufflinks like that very often. Nice going, and I'll make sure I don't bring up the subject of trash pits this time .... haha! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family ..... Bill

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there Kirk...hard to come by in 10 years detecting, only found 3 full sets..lots of partials

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread