Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, Gents, I decided to hunt my Colonial farm that I received permission at in March of this year. I found my find of the year today to boot. I was about 50 yards from where an early cabin stood when I got a perfect Nickel reading at a depth of 2". I was very surprised to see these flip out of the dirt. A complete set of 18th century cufflinks. They appear to be circa 1790. I was smiling all giddilly after finding them. The design is difficult to see from the pictures, but there appear to be stars on the face of each cufflink. It is rare to find a complete set of cufflinks in a field. In a plowed field to boot.

I also ended the day with an early button and other doo-dads from this site. Merry Christmas to me and to all in Tnet land!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Attachments

• 18th Century Cufflinks 003.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 003.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 18th Century Cufflinks 007.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 007.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 18th Century Cufflinks 009.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 009.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 128
  • 18th Century Cufflinks 014.JPG
    18th Century Cufflinks 014.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 16

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ones Kirk & Go Steelers! MC & HH, Quindy.

Now this is a reply I can get behind! Lifelong STEELERS fan here in Maine. Yes I despise the Pats. That's a great find. I love the links. Not easy to find. I've done some work for a guy from Pittsburgh that has a summer home on the coast here in Maine. He's very good friends with Dan Rooney and he has an office right next to Lynn Swanns office. I wish I knew him just a little better lol. No luxury suite invite yet :-)

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I've never found a set like that. That'd be awesome if the other is waiting to be found

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey there Kirk! Glad to see you were able to get out, and make a nice find to boot. You don't see a connected pair of cufflinks like that very often. Nice going, and I'll make sure I don't bring up the subject of trash pits this time .... haha! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family ..... Bill

Thanks, Bill, appreciate the response. It feels good to be back in the game. Life changes have taken over the past few years, but all for the better. 2015 should be a fun one. I plan to hit it hard, my friend.

Kirk

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! And congrats on the complete cufflink too!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on those gorgeous cufflinks Kirk! :occasion14:
Hopefully someone here can ID the design on them... maybe GW related? :icon_scratch:

Dave

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Kirk! Glad to see you still are digging some awesome colonial relics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread