What's new

Completed nickel rolls

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this might be interesting info to anyone assembling complete 40-coin rolls of Jeff. nickels by date and mintmark. I started in 1997 and here's the order in which they were completed (non-silver only) and their mintages (these are west coast results) -

1958-D (168 million)
1959-D (160 m)
1957-D (136 m)
1941 (203 m)
1954-D (117 m)
1940 (176 m)
1946 (161 m)
1956-D (67 m) [about half the mintage of the previous years...odd]
1939 (120 m)
1947 (95 m)
1955-D (74 m)
1948 (89 m)
1953-D (59 m)
1954-S (29 m) [first S-roll completed, amazingly fast too!]
1952 (64 m)
1949 (60 m)
1941-S (43 m) [all small S. Large S are put in a separate roll]
1952-S (20 m)
1942 (49 m)
1954 (47 m)
1941-D (53 m)
1957 (39 m)
1953 (46 m)
1956 (35 m)
1947-S (24 m)
1940-S (39 m)
1952-D (30 m)
1940-D (43 m)
1948-D (44 m)
1953-S (19 m)
1946-D (45 m)
1949-D (36 m)
1959 (28 m)
1947-D (37 m) [why did this one take so long?]
1951 (28 m)
1958 (17 m)
1951-D (20 m)
1946-S (13 m)
1938 (19 m)
1949-S (9 m)
1951-S (7 m)

Left to complete -

1942-D (38 coins)
1948-S (35)

...and within the realm of possibility are 1950 (25) & 1955 (18).
 
Upvote 0
Re: Completed rolls

you don't have a roll of 1938 yet? ;) I am getting close, I am around 35 of the 1938.

I didn't keep track of order, though I do know I have rolls of everything except the following:
close (over 30)
1938
1943-S
1946-S
1951-D
1958 (if not already complete)

at least halfway (20-30)
1944-P
1945-P
1945-S
1948-S

a ways to go (10-20)
1941-S Large S
1942-D
1942-P
1942-S
1944-D
1945-D
1949-S
1950
1951-S
1955

might never get there (<10)
1938-D
1938-S
1939-D
1939-S
1943-D
1944-S
1950-D

I started in 1998 (or more technically in the early 80's somewhere as a kid), but only got more serious about completing the rolls of each date/mintmark/variation in 2005.
 
I'm glad you mentioned the 1938 GMan. Can't believe I forgot it.

Here are the silver years (in completion order) -

**Completed**

1943-P
1943-S
1945-S

**More than half**

1944-P (37)
1945-P (34)

**Less than half**

1942-P (16)
1945-D (14)
1944-D (14)
1944-S (13)
1942-P (13)

**Forget it!**

1943-D (5)

1941-Large S (29) and I'm about to finish (3 more to go!) my 10th roll of 1939-P.

Your silver numbers really got a boost with that hoard you found! It represented close to a third of all the war nickels I found in 20 years!
 
Immy, how many 1944S nickels have you found?

Brian
 
kestrelia said:
Immy, how many 1944S nickels have you found?

Brian

I see he repeated 1944-D twice so I am guessing one of those is really 1944-S. 13 or 14?
 
Very nice achievement Immy!!! You are the nickel king. Since 1997....that is dedication. Congrats to you.
 
Thanks LJ! When the congrats come from the undisputed half dollar queen it means even that much more. To borrow your catch phrase - "Keep plugging away!"
 
I'm very impressed, Immy. You should be proud of yourself! That's a lot of nickels and a lot of dedication. Well done.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom