Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
ahhhhh yep... always.

Concealed.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's just good practice to be prepared...

sent from a potato...

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpg ....Nothing to hide here....

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Open carry ok here. Since my fishing gear is always with me.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I detect certain areas that are questionable, I make sure I have a little something on me ( concealed ).

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Only when i am in the deep woods … Other wise no .. I see no need for it..

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunt with a WWII Entrenching Tool turned on a 90 degree angle. It hangs from my pistol belt in a mag light holder. It is far more dangerous weapon than a sub compact 9mm. I have an open carry permit but why with a shovel that could kill you quicker

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should if you could.

I just carry sharp pointy tools, and a detector that would hurt if I clocked you up side the head with it!
I am not "permitted" to defend myself in the people's Republic of Mass.
I just have to hope the other guy is a bad shot with the illegal gun he is carrying!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt in the forest most of the time...I gave up headphones and started packing the day after I walked up on two young bear cubs.I got the heck outta there quick.This spring I have seen two young bears but not up close.

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open carry is legal in Kentucky, so I make sure to exercise my right to the 2nd amendment every single day. People fought long and hard for us to have the right to carry and own firearms!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry 95% of the time everywhere I can legally carry, only time I don't carry is if I'm going in the water with my detector...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I pack legally, and sometimes when I forget, illegally. I've owned firearms most of my life, legally went deer hunting at age 7, using my .218B which was legal at that time, (talk about obselete, try and buy ammo for that gun). Back then, the state didn't require a kid to be 12 to hunt until the year I turned 12. Believe it or not, I had a concealed carry license at age 16 in California. At age 12, I was going quail, duck and dove hunting using a 12 guage Ward's Hercules double. Used that gun until it started double firing every shot. A friend and I used to hike over a mountain, and sneak into a lake where the rich guys paid big bucks for a duck club. We'd slip in there, ground sluice some ducks, grab up our birds and run for home. Fat old men can't catch motivated kids in a foot race. So yeah, I carry, and I can truthfully say I've never pointed a gun at anyone except one time in fun, never fear, or anger, or for self defense or government offense. The one time in fun was overseas when an armed guard, and I was young, don't think I would do it now, but it was funny then. Wasn't in the right place to ever shoot at anyone, but in my day the Navy hired us to kill communists, and I would have, if I had been ordered to. But I still pack. Why not? Every day, it's part of the clothes I wear, it's like the old cowboy said, "I'd feel nekked without it."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In a schoolyard or park - no. In the woods - assume so.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After i was robbed at gunpoint at the mall christmas time 4 years ago.I got a permit and i conceal carry everywhere i go.

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread