Friend of mine got bit twice by rabid animals. Two different animals, in the same month, and had to undergo the shots twice. Another friend's horse broke it's leg way back in the pucker brush, and the horse had to suffer while he walked out to get a gun, and return to put it out of it's misery. I don't always kill every predator or every rattle snake, depends on the location, but I have a firearm available if needed. I'd rather have it and never need it, than to need it and never have it. Besides, I like to shoot, and many many times when out with friends, hunting or fishing or what ever, we end up shooting for the fun of it. I think that's natural, guys and guns together, there is going to be some bragging and one thing leads to another. It's fun, you ought to try it.