Concensus On The MXT PRO

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent. High quality and multipurpose machine. I prefer it over the more software derived machines like the xlt or dfx.

Sent from my SX-SP715A using Tapatalk 2

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is an awesome detector with great depth, I would get a D2 coil as with paired with that coil it really seems to make the MXT shine. That coil is great for those deep targets and separates pretty darn good for a coil its size, I get as deep with that coil as the 12" with alot more separation. HH

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent depth and recovery speed between targets. Multiple modes (coin/jewelery, relic, prospecting) as well as auto or manual ground balance with an option to hunt in salt mode (dry sand only).

I also like having the pinpont mode/target depth on a trigger, vs having to push a button with my thumb like most detectors.

The batteries last forever with headphones as well.

The machine is excellent.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with all the above statements, the mxt is a great machine for a lot of different uses. I love mine, and probably wouldn't trade it for anything in its price range.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

albertv

Jun 7, 2010
Anyone have some good opinions on this? Thinking about picking one up.
How does it compare to other detectors in it's price range?
Excellent detector . Highly recommended. I have one and all the coils that go with it, and it's an awsome machine.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no need for the bells and whistles with this machine, the pro is hot on gold, coins and relics and gets the job done with ease of use

mduggins

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2012
Troy, Mo
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster 2db, 950 coil, 10D2 coil, 6x10DD coil, 4x6 DD coil, Sun Ray DX-1 rpobe,garret pro pp and automaxv4 pp. killer B's headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a good set of headphones to go with the MXT Pro, so you will have a way to adjust the volume.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread