Confederate Local!!!!!!!

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted anything but I thought yesterday's find was worth sharing!
I went back to a camp I have been hunting off and on for the past 9 yrs. and recovered my find of the year and my first button of this type.

According to Albert's book it is a Confederate Local staff button, #25a in his book! WooHoo!!! Yes, it does have hints of gold gilt on both obverse & reverse! After all the pics. were taken and even one taken with my cell phone so I could send it to my hunting buddies, I regained my composure and vigilantly started hunting that site very intensely. No sooner than I made my first sweep that I had another button signal. I just knew it was going to be another one, but it turned out to be a GS button with a SCOVILL MF'G. CO. WATERBURY backmark. That's okay I'll take it!

Enough text, here are the pics.

Thanks for looking!
IM

Attachments

• conf..JPG
    conf..JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 137
  • conf.2.JPG
    conf.2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 149
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Upvote 0
awesome button for sure.:thumbsup:

Congrats again my friend!There is no one more deserving,and to think I was within feet of that beauty looking for any ol G.S!!!I knew after you dug the Sharps parts I should have "buckled",down!!Why this isnt on the Banner is beyond me?

I can just imagine the pride felt by the young officer when he first donned his uniform. We see here the essence of a man reduced to his 150 year old button, himself perhaps lying in an unmarked grave. Certainly a tribute of Banner recognition is not to much to ask for this otherwise forgotten Southern Patriot!

brnn53, leprechaun, & Giant056 - Thank You for your comments they are much appreciated!:icon_thumleft:

Kuger - Yeah man you were very close indeed! Banner or no Banner, this button for its historical representation will always be a Banner find to me and those who truly appreciate it for what it is! Thanks for your support my friend. Heck, if I want to see if I can get another find up on the Banner I suppose I can offer up my recently dug fifth gold coin. My fourth made it up top!!!:thumbsup:

Hot Zone - I can feel your compassion! Thanks for your encouragement!!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Awsome button Ironman - Hey if you don't mind what signal did this button show up as on your screen - ie coin, pull tab, foil or nickel, or what?

I've learned alot about CW history on this site and really enjoy seeing finds like this unearthed 150 years later
and being a Confederate find makes it that much more sweeter, you have my banner button punched for this one
Congrats Ironman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back