dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No no, I'm not trying to get people worked up. Just trying to change some minds. If you want to get angry about something get angry about the handful of people that have been shot and killed somewhere in the world as I type this.
Ever tried that? Ever try looking at your watch every 3-5mins and going "damn, multiple people have been shot and raped, maybe I should do something more about this."
Then wait another 5 mins. And another, and another. Maybe get out a pencil and pad, makes some tack/dash marks. Eventually your mindset will really see how things are going.
Doesn't everybody's gut just SCREAM at them that this is all wrong and guns will NEVER be able to FIX anything.

Link, you will go nuts trying to save the world. Best to protect yourself and your family. You work as a prison guard right? How many of those prisioners are going to register their guns? About zero, so how is registering them going to help crime? And you know as well those guys have a black market available to them as well...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it is true a few republican reps as well as people try to pass themselves off as conservative and Republican when their views reveal they are actually closet liberal....

As far as 92% for background checks those numbers are coming from liberal media sources so I am personally not putting putting much stock in them....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Have you considered that your views might just be extreme making most others look "liberal" in your eyes??

So you don't believe a majority of Americans believe in background checks? Even the NRA up until recently believed in no loophole background checks??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the amount of people I talk to on a daily basis due to my profession this comes up in conversation quite often so I know I am not the only one with this line of thought.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No no, I'm not trying to get people worked up. Just trying to change some minds. If you want to get angry about something get angry about the handful of people that have been shot and killed somewhere in the world as I type this.
Ever tried that? Ever try looking at your watch every 3-5mins and going "damn, multiple people have been shot and raped, maybe I should do something more about this."
Then wait another 5 mins. And another, and another. Maybe get out a pencil and pad, makes some tack/dash marks. Eventually your mindset will really see how things are going.
Doesn't everybody's gut just SCREAM at them that this is all wrong and guns will NEVER be able to FIX anything.

A gun will stop a rape and should. I do not believe women have the right to be victims of rape. They have the right to defend them selves.
With deadly force if necessary. No one has taken responsibility for their protection or can anyone but themselves.

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
But isn't Conn. just a place to sleep because you work someplace else? Some tiny piss-ant little state, sort of like those non gun-toting countries of Europe? Can't take them seriously...

Pretty sure if us non-gun toting piss ant countries suddenly fired our nukes at you...you'd take us pretty seriously? Betting you could fire all your 300 million + guns at once and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference! :p

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure if us non-gun toting piss ant countries suddenly fired our nukes at you...you'd take us pretty seriously? Betting you could fire all your 300 million + guns at once and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference! :p

You mean right before they became non existent as counties....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
At least you know your place! LOL! I'm with TH on this. You will no longer be on the map if your country tried that. Maybe we need background checks and a registry for nukes, oh wait we do and look how well that works (Iran, North Korea) something to think about...

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You mean right before they became non existent as counties....

Totally irrelevent though isn't it? My post was about not being taken seriously, whatever happens after matters not a jot! :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you know your place! LOL! I'm with TH on this. You will no longer be on the map if your country tried that. Maybe we need background checks and a registry for nukes, oh wait we do and look how well that works (Iran, North Korea) something to think about...

Perfect example...

Maybe if US declares nukes illegal, destroys all our nukes first and puts up "nuke free zone signs at our borders all the other countries will do the same and there would be no more fear of WWIII... After all rogue nations are like criminals and follow the laws and rules of society....

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally have no problem whatsoever with a gun crime registry. If someone has committed a crime with a gun they shouldn't be allowed to have them anymore. Thing is, in Calif. anyway, committing a crime with a gun is a felony and felons can't buy guns. And what would being on this "registry" mean? There is a sex offender registry but they can still have sex so can folks on the gun registry still have guns? I purchased a used 22 rifle a while back and I had the normal 10-day waiting period and I was fingerprinted in the process. Nothing new here. We also have a 10-round magazine limit. We still have people getting shot but it isn't with the black, scary, Rambo-looking, deadlier than Kryptonite, semi-auto "assault" weapons, it's handguns being used by other than legal gun owners. These people are all as uninformed as the congresswoman in Colorado. This stuff will NOT STOP CRIME!

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Has anyone actually said it would?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Dano but why waste everyone's time and money to put laws on the books just so you can get re-elected? Why don't they just enforce the laws already on the books and don't parole the buttheads after only serving a very small percentage of their original sentences? And link, if you want to prevent some rapes, arm the rapees and then you can increase the time you count between crimes. :)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone asked if the Bill vote was along party lines and generally speaking it was but there were surprises on both sides. Most surprising were a few of the Democrats that actually understand the Constitution, this when a CT Republican is often like a Democrat in a free State but then again both sides really should ashamed of themselves for various reasons.

LinkyHylian - “Doesn't everybody's gut just SCREAM at them that this is all wrong and guns will NEVER be able to FIX anything.”
Wow, I can agree with you on this statement. The guns won't fix the actual problems (they can make them go away but they won't really fix them), nor will taking them away from those not committing the crimes fix any real problems either but having them is still the great equalizer. Fix the root cause of violence and then you'll accomplish something.

IMO the CT Bill was done all wrong (obvious issues with gun restrictions aside). It consisted of three components; guns, mental illness and school safety. These should have been done separately but by being all lumped together they were able to pick up a few votes that otherwise would have voted no on the gun portion. The gun portion of the Bill has many inconsistencies and conflicts, now we'll have to go line by line and start making amendments. I wouldn't even mind having the “gun discussion” with the Legislators but would like to see them uphold their Oath and educate themselves on the topic. The majority of these people making decisions about firearms is akin to an illiterate person being tasked with deciding what passages to censor in a book.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I've said before, I will take all your guns, melt them down and make homes and shelters for everyone.
If every other word out of people's mouths remains "constitution" or "guns," we will never get anywhere.
Guns are pointless. They were and ARE created out of fear.
We don't need to be able to kill everything, sometimes it's o.k to recognize, "hey, maybe we are just too human and should leave this alone."
I heard someone say "United States of Ammunition" today. I barfed mentally all over my brain.
Of course this is all talk from some WA State 25yr old that was shot in the back at the age of 14 from a stray bullett. Don't believe me? Don't make me post a pic hahaha!!!
Let's change the word guns to water and try to give everybody that ok?
Love ya TNet, I'm gonna be all over these 2nd Amend Watchdog forums;).

As stated in sticky at top of the forum the 2nd Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights, the right to keep and bear arms under it is not open for debate on this forum, any who wish to debate if the 2nd amendment is stil viable needs to move to another forum to discuss it, might I suggest the USMC forum or Oath Keepers forum, I am sure you can find a lively debate there....

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Sorry TH but i can't help but look at that new signature of yours without thinking it'd be a great epitaph on someones gravestone! lol.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry TH but i can't help but look at that new signature of yours without thinking it'd be a great epitaph on someones gravestone! lol.

It would be an honor to have it as my epitaph . Better to die for something than stand for nothing...........

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
That's what every General hopes their "cannon fodder" potential recruits believe. ;)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what every General hopes their "cannon fodder" potential recruits believe. ;)

That is what every patriot feels. Some people are not willing to surrender freedoms as easily as others...

I am also a veteran

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That is what every patriot feels. Some people are not willing to surrender freedoms as easily as others...

I am also a veteran

Agree, will not surrender any freedoms...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread