What's new

Contourted twisted point and glass bead

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen a point so Contourted and twisted, if it is a point. Not sure if you can tell by pictures. Also found what I think is a glass bead.as always from Illinois. Point is about 3 inches.
 

Attachments

  • image-1576909539.webp
    image-1576909539.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image-4266938754.webp
    image-4266938754.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1806769753.webp
    image-1806769753.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1676851221.webp
    image-1676851221.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 151
  • image-3261155160.webp
    image-3261155160.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image-2992337309.webp
    image-2992337309.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 153
  • image-1258183490.webp
    image-1258183490.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image-1878062190.webp
    image-1878062190.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Ive got a crooked one...just thought he started with a crooked rock. :dontknow:
 
" I've got a crooked one"
I'm sorry
:-)
 
My understanding is that there are several variations of heads made intentionally with a twist. One name is Pandale.
 
Yes that is common wiith Pandale points..that comes from a method of sharpening to minimize loss of width. (Beveling)
That whole spall was curved as well.
 
Last edited:
Uncle thanks for help. Wasn't sunny today, here are the best pics I could manage.
 

Attachments

  • image-779561174.webp
    image-779561174.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1882705104.webp
    image-1882705104.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3126039231.webp
    image-3126039231.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2923555544.webp
    image-2923555544.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3415460044.webp
    image-3415460044.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 95
perfect example, they come in smaller sizes too.
 
Thanks, I was thinking it was 1920-1940ish. Most outstanding suprise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom