What's new

Contourted twisted point and glass bead

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen a point so Contourted and twisted, if it is a point. Not sure if you can tell by pictures. Also found what I think is a glass bead.as always from Illinois. Point is about 3 inches.
 

Attachments

  • image-1576909539.webp
    image-1576909539.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image-4266938754.webp
    image-4266938754.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1806769753.webp
    image-1806769753.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1676851221.webp
    image-1676851221.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 151
  • image-3261155160.webp
    image-3261155160.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image-2992337309.webp
    image-2992337309.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 153
  • image-1258183490.webp
    image-1258183490.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image-1878062190.webp
    image-1878062190.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Interesting finds. Thanks for sharing.
 
Very nice find :thumbsup:The twist and shape of your point could be from a not so good knapper, and is the bead black or very dark colbalt blue.
 
Monster the knapper must of been drunk. Do you have any idea of age of bead?Thought I saw a sub forum on here for beads.
 
Monster the knapper must of been drunk. Do you have any idea of age of bead?Thought I saw a sub forum on here for beads.


Sometimes they just followed the texture of the stone. I have a few twisted ones. The bead looks a little more modern but am no expert on beads. You could post it in the "what is it" section and get it researched. Nice finds the twisted blade has character.
 
K thanks, my first twisted one,thought it might even be some type of blade.
 
Not uncommon to find "points" around here that are not straight. I have several. My thought, is that they were not used as arrows but rather as knifes that did not need to be straight to do what was needed. -> JMO.
 
Not uncommon to find "points" around here that are not straight. I have several. My thought, is that they were not used as arrows but rather as knifes that did not need to be straight to do what was needed. -> JMO.

agreed, knife and a nice looking one 2
 
I didnt know that indians in N.A. faceted their beads like that. interesting. Ive only found round. what type of rock do you think it is made of?
 
My apologies to the knapper, he wasn't drunk i think he was highly skilled to twist it.
 
Blue I wasn't suggesting it was Indian made.
 
I didnt know that indians in N.A. faceted their beads like that. interesting. Ive only found round. what type of rock do you think it is made of?

If it is a trade bead it could have facets, I have found 1,000s of all types of trade beads that where brought in by the French and have some faceted glass beads that was brought into this area my Desoto when he explored the south.
 
Blue I wasn't suggesting it was Indian made.

Can you take some pics in sun light, the facets don't look to be modern glass work ,but I can not tell for sure by the photos.
 
is the hole on that bead larger on one end than the other?
 
Uncle yes
 
Monster try to get some better pics
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice finds.
I agree that it is a knife.
It looks like it was just a large flake with a good curve to it.
I don't think the knapper made the contour.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom