Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
John, just an outstanding event and benefit for Tom that you hosted sir. Your efforts and everyone involved is applauded ! What a great day seeing and talking to folks I had met previously at your cookouts and also meeting new ones that I look forward to seeing again in the future. The food was excellent and the company of the folks that attended even better. My hat is off to you ! You did a good thing. Thanks again !

Pete

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Speaking of names, Daniel Weeks (maybe it was Week) bought that 4 reale at auction. Does anybody know him or how to get hold of him? I talked to him very briefly, but did not get his photo or address... beer.

:hello: Terry, you do know my address. You just don't realize it. I'm the guy who is a big fan of Doug Armstrong and thanked you for bringing signed copies of the latest book. In the past, you sent me a signed copy of the French Castaways at Old Cape Canaveral. Anyway, I'm the one who was the high bidder on the Mo Molinar 4 Reale. Thank you again for offering it to be auctioned at the benefit. By the way, my name is Ken Weeks.

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hats off to you,Ken Thanks for your effort.I'm sure Tom will appreciate!

Last edited:

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Terry, you do know my address. You just don't realize it. I'm the guy who is a big fan of Doug Armstrong and thanked you for bringing signed copies of the latest book. In the past, you sent me a signed copy of the French Castaways at Old Cape Canaveral. Anyway, I'm the one who was the high bidder on the Mo Molinar 4 Reale. Thank you again for offering it to be auctioned at the benefit. By the way, my name is Ken Weeks.

Why hell yes... now I remember, I could not figure out where Elkton was. Slap me down! Ken, if you come to the FUN show in January to the Treasure Hunter's Book Club meeting, I have something for you. I'll make the trip worth your while. Your generosity can hardly be matched. Salute!

Let me know if you can make it.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Terry this is Steve who gave you shipwreck info from the Bahamas a couple months ago. I didnt realize it until now. I was the pointer during the live auction, i got the cob and book from you and info and handed it to Brad to auction off. Sorry we didnt get to talk. Maybe next get together

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had a great time. I met some new people and can now picture a face with the name. I hope it all helped Tom on his road to recovery. John, you did a great thing by putting this together. I look forward to the next get together. Thanks to everyone for coming and helping out. Most of the people I see on a regular basis are not into treasure so it was great to hang out with other treasure hunters and share stories. See you all next time.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Diver_Down, if you are ever in the Jupiter area, give me a call. Thank you for your donation.

I am happy you won the bid on the Mo Molinar coin. I am even happier that Terry donated it.

The winning bidder for the El Cazador coin was my cousin, Rob Wheeles, from Orlando.

I wonder if John has a master list of donations?

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Seeker41, also had a great time with you and your wife and great kids! Wow sure are a lot of super peeps and some new friends too at the cookout. Nice to see lots of folks come together for Tom and his family :O} email me for my number so we can go hunting. Oh yea, and all you other pirates, keep yer stick on the sand!!
And to John, you are the bomb dot com in my book!!
Tom, stay strong. Thank you to all that helped and donated, it made me proud to be associated with such an awesome group of people.
thank you Trembull, Salvor6, Beachcomber7, and (seeker41's better half) Ann...heehe....and all others for taking all the great pix and vids. Can't wait for the next one in the spring!

Last edited:

zepher

Greenie
May 27, 2010
Indialantic, FL (Melbourne Beach)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had great weather and it was nice talking to everyone. Prayers for Tom = Mad4Wrecks and I'm sure he appreciates the support from the TN community. Nice talking to folks about their interests and I had a couple conversations about the Desoto trail and mentioned a link and a google KML that I found online: American History, Page 1, Spanish Conquest of Native America - Pretty interesting stuff and thought the trade bead from the Manatee River at the auction was a nice find. Also, if anyone is local to Sebastian / Melbourne or Vero and into fossil hunting and Ice Age history check out - Welcome to Old Vero Ice Age Sites Committee- preserving and appropriately excavating important Ice Age archaeological and paleontological sites in Vero Beach and Indian River County - Thanks again for the BBQ, good luck Tom and everyone dreaming of buried treasure.

110103.jpg
<- Ice Age fossil w/ Mastodon from Vero

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry this is Steve who gave you shipwreck info from the Bahamas a couple months ago. I didnt realize it until now. I was the pointer during the live auction, i got the cob and book from you and info and handed it to Brad to auction off. Sorry we didnt get to talk. Maybe next get together

Steve, I know you by your full name, just never connected "stevemc". You are right, we have a lot to talk about. Next time.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well folks,
I got back from Sebastian late last night and after unpacking the two trucks and the trailer, I"m trying to catch up on work. I'll get back on here to thank everyone that I can and try to list what I know about the donations. There were a lot of items that were brought in during the cookout that I either didn't get to see or don't know who donated. If any of you guys can help me out on that I'd appreciate it. Also any pics of the stuff would be cool! Our friend, Ray Walker from Kellyco, asked if he could get the names of the people who won the metal detectors. Anybody know? I was a bit busy and couldn't follow it all. I have to go back to work now and when things calm down a bit, I'll get back on here.
Aquanut

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks,
I got back from Sebastian late last night and after unpacking the two trucks and the trailer, I"m trying to catch up on work. I'll get back on here to thank everyone that I can and try to list what I know about the donations. There were a lot of items that were brought in during the cookout that I either didn't get to see or don't know who donated. If any of you guys can help me out on that I'd appreciate it. Also any pics of the stuff would be cool! Our friend, Ray Walker from Kellyco, asked if he could get the names of the people who won the metal detectors. Anybody know? I was a bit busy and couldn't follow it all. I have to go back to work now and when things calm down a bit, I'll get back on here
Aquanut

I won an MPX

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang!!!!! im still recovering from this awesome event!!!!!!
graffixgirl and brad(deepsix) and a few others, you kept me up too late saturday night. i will make a much larger more detailed post very soon with
amazing pics my wife took of alot of the prize winners holding there recently aquired treasure, including each of the mpx detectors, the fisher f75, the rtg scoops, coins, pottery, klingons.... etc:

HUGE THANKS TO MIKE SCOTT AT FISHER RESEARCH LABS AND LARAINE RIELY AT RTG, FOR THERE GREAT DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a regular on this site but am slowly becoming one. I Flew into FLL from Puerto Rico and had three days to kill so I decide to check out the Wabasso beaches last Thursday, saw the nice cut and came back Friday to detect and try my luck on Seagrape ...a lot of driving but TH'ing is in my blood. I kept noticing all the campers arriving on SR510 as I was making my trips back and forth to FLL. Now I know what was going on. I flew out back to MEM Saturday morning so I missed all the fun. You people are a bunch of great guys and gals and as I get more acquainted with this site I hope to join you all on one of your future events. Sounds like a lot of fun and for a good reason. Cheers to all!! Happy Hunting:occasion14::icon_thumright:

fladiverdown

Aug 23, 2010
Great day!! Hardly had a moment without a big smile on my face. Thanks John for all the hard work. You Aquanut, are a real treasure!

twiprod001

Jun 21, 2011
Florida
Here is the completed compilation video of all the photos I could find online of the Treasure Hunters Cookout & Benefit. I sent a hard copy to Tom.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquanut:

I suspect it is because pay pal is not able to verify that you are not a scam and are keeping the money. This is not an advertisement - I have used them for several years to process rental payments for guest(s) as well as to send the security deposits back to our guest(s). Nothing is shipped in either of these transactions.

As long as you will be running an auction, have you considered taking pictures of the items that will be auctioned and accepting bids for these from treasure hunters who are not able to attend with the buyer paying for shipping and handling cost(s). This could be done during the auction as well as after the benefit cookout to raise further money as necessary to support tom. It could be done as a business in a business or personal account as these would not be donations.
I regret that I will not be able to be there because of health reasons. This would be a great time to meet most of the active members. Good luck and best wishes - Tom sounds like a great person, who I would of loved to met.
Another inspiration! Maybe one of the artsy and creative members can create a fun type card or one of interest with pictures and suggested donations so that everyone can contribute by mailing in a check to help TOM in a price range that is within their budget.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This was my Facebook posting today. Copy and pasted-too tired to add a new post.

Spent 4 hours at the S. FL. Cancer Center today. First round of chemo complete. Well, almost. I am wearing a pump that self administers the chemo @ home for the next two days. Then 12 days to recover. Then it all starts again. A dozen rounds total (it if does what it is supposed to do.). Side effects minimal so far but that is definitely going to change. Thanks again for all the prayers, cards, warm wishes, positive thoughts and donations to my war chest.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread