What's new

Copper, Silver, Another Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out again today with Patriot and Hans R Dirty, tried some new and old spots with a relative amount of success. I managed two coins, a silver Vicky fishscale and a copper I believe is Vicky as well. Dug my second escutcheon plate in the past couple weeks. Also managed a jews harp, JB crotal bell, buckles etc.
009.webp
012.webp
011.webp
013.webp
Also found out why it's a good reason to check your junk, this brass plate was headed for the scrap bucket last night when i noticed the writing. Turns out it's a railway tag for the 1800s era!
016.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: Copper, Silver, Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

Hunthicks,

What is the thing on the far left? I dug one just yesterday that was identical to that. It looked like a little boat oar when I got it out!
 
Re: Copper, Silver, Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

Bev said:
Hunthicks,

What is the thing on the far left? I dug one just yesterday that was identical to that. It looked like a little boat oar when I got it out!

Spoon handle?
 
Re: Copper, Silver, Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

yes it is a spoon handle. I love the bell! nice hunt!
 
Re: Copper, Silver, Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

Bev said:
Hunthicks,

What is the thing on the far left? I dug one just yesterday that was identical to that. It looked like a little boat oar when I got it out!
Yup, like the others said, it's a spoon handle. The rest of the spoon is somewhere in my pouch!
 
Re: Copper, Silver, Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

Bev said:
Aww mann! And here I thought I had something! Here's mine!

Congrats- I love your finds! Can you tell me more about what a fishscale is?
A fishscale is a canadian silver 5 cent piece. :)
 
Re: Copper, Silver, Escutcheon and Other Colonial Stuff

Oooh... thanks! Awesome!
 
cool stuff as always!

of all the bells I've found I've only got one with makers initials, yours is a nice one
 
ironhorse said:
cool stuff as always!

of all the bells I've found I've only got one with makers initials, yours is a nice one

Those JB's are the rarest of all crotal bells I here. :tongue3: Dang good find! Like them relics too! :thumbsup:
 
Hans R Dirty said:
ironhorse said:
cool stuff as always!

of all the bells I've found I've only got one with makers initials, yours is a nice one

Those JB's are the rarest of all crotal bells I here. :tongue3: Dang good find! Like them relics too! :thumbsup:
Was a good time digging them and a nice day for it at that! Nothing too spectacular but the company makes up for it, better then sitting at home watching Youtube and staring at google earth! :wink:
 
Congrats on the the finds there hunthicks, nice early jews harp and the bell is in better shape in person. But come on, 2 Escutcheon's plates in 2 weeks... I have still yet to find one in 8 years, sounds like you pulled a romeo to me! Hopefully the weather will hold out for some time to continue our digging.
 
The Patriot said:
Congrats on the the finds there hunthicks, nice early jews harp and the bell is in better shape in person. But come on, 2 Escutcheon's plates in 2 weeks... I have still yet to find one in 8 years, sounds like you pulled a romeo to me! Hopefully the weather will hold out for some time to continue our digging.
I guess this year I'm missing all the spanish silver and finding other stuff! :wink:
 
Nice hunt. I love the jews harp and the musket escutcheon.
 
very nice hunt dude! i've yet to dig a brass jews harp.only pieces of iron ones i get :-\
 
That's a great hunt Hicks with great results! You're due for a regiment marked escutcheon plate!
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
very nice hunt dude! i've yet to dig a brass jews harp.only pieces of iron ones i get :-\

yeah, don't know that i've dug a single jew's harp here in ny.
lot's of harmonicas, though.
sweet outing!
 
Great Group of Earlies.
Congrats on Esc #2 ;D
 
hi awesome hunt...that baggage claim tag is part of a two piece tag...look for the makers name..alot of the two piece ones were thomas those are worth alil more. pretty easy researching these..congrats on the finds
 
nice crotal Bell ...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom