What's new

Corner notch and bi face knife

tnmudman

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
709
Reaction score
1,537
Golden Thread
0
Location
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did pretty good this afternoon but i wish the corner notch didnt have the ding on the base.It is a fresh break i think a tractor tire ran over it . The broke drill and what looks like a little dovetail are heartbreakers.I started off digging for about 2 hours didnt find anything ,so i decided to walk a little block i have done walked to death I went really slow and i was surprised how much i found. 0601172130a.webp0601172137.webp0601172135.webp0601172130.webp0601171835.webp0601172132.webp0601171820.webp
 

Attachments

  • 0601172136a.webp
    0601172136a.webp
    488 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Nice!

Looks like it turned into a very productive outing! Some great material too!
 
Nice finds !! That corner notch is a killer ... Looks like you had a great day
 
Pic #5 looks a bit off as in the dirt pile unless it was in a shovel pile of dirt. Nice point though. Anytime you can find at least 1 nice point on a trip out its a good day.
 
What do you mean by off? Are you you refering to the corner notch point which is partially exposed in the ground
 
What do you mean by off? Are you you refering to the corner notch point which is partially exposed in the ground

yes, it looks to be placed there.
 
yes, it looks to be placed there.

The "dirt pile" just looks like that's where he scratched the surface material away to get a better look at the artifact. We all do it to "savor" the moment. You slowly scratch the material around the artifact away instead of just pull it out all at once.. at least I do!
 
Thank you bobguy that is exactly what i did i have been trying to load a pic i took of it before i started digging it out but it wont do it so i say screw it if anyone wants to think those were some kind of staged photos then go right ahead
 
I usually pick it up 1st then put it back due to I find so many broken ones. Unless of course I can see its a whole one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom