russau
Gold Member
- Joined
- May 29, 2005
- Messages
- 9,499
- Reaction score
- 10,788
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- St. Louis, missouri
GREED IS IN CONTROLL OF EVERYTHING WE USE !

What you say about the oil companies is true but, don't forget that they have been prohibited from building any new refineries for many years now so "our" stupid, virtue signaling policies left them few options of what to do with US oil. Why would you keep it here if you are not allowed to refine it here?This notion is also being floated for national taxes. Problem is the roads still need to be paid for and this idea would either kick the can farther down the road or shift those costs to something else. Or the roads are neglected now with no future correction.
Why should someone else pay for the road users today? Our debt is already out of control so adding to that is nutz.
High costs reduce use and repair rate. That is reflected and adjusted for in the use tax.
We need to stop exporting and demand the oil companies quit windfall profiteering on this unnecessary, poorly planned and insanely idiotic war prosecution.
I drive 12 miles each way every day for work. An electric car is perfect for that. I have gas powered cars for longer trips.You couldn't pay me to drive an electric car. Not practical in this part of the country (among many other reasons).
I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you are implying electric cars don't work when it gets below freezing, that is absolutely not true. I have driven mine in -10F with no issues, only reduced range.A lot of people stop the electric cars after it starts freezing.
Electric vehicles typically experience a 20% to 40% decrease in range when temperatures drop below freezing. This is primarily due to two factors: the slower chemical reactions in the battery at low temperatures and the increased energy consumption for heating the cabin.I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you are implying electric cars don't work when it gets below freezing, that is absolutely not true. I have driven mine in -10F with no issues, only reduced range.
What you say about the oil companies is true but, don't forget that they have been prohibited from building any new refineries for many years now so "our" stupid, virtue signaling policies left them few options of what to do with US oil. Why would you keep it here if you are not allowed to refine it here?
The numbers will speak for them self's I say.What chance is there that Newsom will take even a cent off the California gas tax?
And even if Trump adds cutting the Fed entirely, we'll still be paying more at the pump.
(This is not offered as a political discussion, only one of numbers.)
Don in SoCal
Ever notice that it is "blue" areas always looking to take more tax money? When they get it, they piss it away on things to buy votes instead of improving the lives of all their constituents.You live in Maryland they want to pass a new (Mileage fee) bill, they feel with all the new cars getting better gas milage they are loosing money for less gas is being purchased. Totally insane, taxed and fee'ed to death, even more crazy.. you leave the state there is a tax on the sale of your house for leaving...
View attachment 2253431
Ever notice that it is "blue" areas always looking to take more tax money? When they get it, they piss it away on things to buy votes instead of improving the lives of all their constituents.
Roads and bridges need to be maintained and that cost money, but they are in the worst condition in the highest taxed states.
Oil companies don’t set the price.Have you ever entertained the premise that the oil companies may be gouging us? Supposedly prices will "drop like a rock" when this fracus is over--I'm dubious of that.
Bingo. Anyone remember when they told us that once the bridges (Throgg’s neck) were paid for they’d remove the toll? I do. It’s still there 60+ years later.Ever notice that it is "blue" areas always looking to take more tax money? When they get it, they piss it away on things to buy votes instead of improving the lives of all their constituents.
Roads and bridges need to be maintained and that cost money, but they are in the worst condition in the highest taxed states.
I've driven in most of the states and the one that stands out as having the worst highways was Arkansas. I've driven on better dirt roads in Georgia.Roads and bridges need to be maintained and that cost money, but they are in the worst condition in the highest taxed states.
The interstate highways belong to the states, and are maintained by the states.Federal roads are maintained by federal taxes.
I've driven in most of the states and the one that stands out as having the worst highways was Arkansas. I've driven on better dirt roads in Georgia.
The interstate highways belong to the states, and are maintained by the states.
I've driven in most of the states and the one that stands out as having the worst highways was Arkansas. I've driven on better dirt roads in Georgia.
The interstate highways belong to the states, and are maintained by the states.
Federal gas taxes as well as federal tire taxes pay for 80% to 90% of the cost to maintain interstate highways, the states pay the rest.So what? How are they funded and where does the federal fuel tax go?