What's new

Could a gas tax holiday be imposed in Pennsylvania as prices at the pump continue to rise?

Do you have any sources for all that? Federal roads are maintained by federal taxes. Federal road taxes are the same nationwide, far as I know.
Federal fuel tax is uniform across the nation. State fuel taxes are not.
 
State fuel tax examples:
Alaska: $0.0895/gal., California: $0.612/gal
 
so I am reading about road conditions, have a peek:




It seems complicated.
 
State fuel tax examples:
Alaska: $0.0895/gal., California: $0.612/gal
I’m not a math wiz but I guarantee they sell more gasoline in Cali than Alaska.

Could it be all these progressive entitlement programs are being bolstered by these extra taxes.

The math ain’t mathing.
 
I’m not a math wiz but I guarantee they sell more gasoline in Cali than Alaska.

Could it be all these progressive entitlement programs are being bolstered by these extra taxes.

The math ain’t mathing.
Alaska has about 6,200 lane-miles of paved road.
California has about 390,000 lane-miles of paved road.
Road bridges: AK=1,400, CA=26,000 with many of these being multi-lane (wide) bridges.
You also have to factor in how many miles people drive, the amount of heavy trucking traffic, weather, earthquakes, etc.
The math might very well math, if you include all the variables in the equation.
 
State fuel tax examples:
Alaska: $0.0895/gal., California: $0.612/gal
I’m not a math wiz but I guarantee they sell more gasoline in Cali than Alaska.
...
The math ain’t mathing.
Alaska has about 6,200 lane-miles of paved road.
California has about 390,000 lane-miles of paved road.

Here's some math.

According to the US Energy Information Administration, data from 2023 shows Alaska used 6,248,000 gallons of gasoline, while California used 314,150,000. So using the tax figured posted above, that gives Alaska $ 559,196 in tax revenue, and California got $ 192,259,800. In Alaska, highway construction costs $27,545 per lane mile. In California, it costs $16,048. (Those figures came from this article, which says they are "construction" costs, so that may be *initial* construction cost, not maintenance. I would assume maintenance is lower, but still similarly proportioned per state.). So that means Alaska's total road cost is $ 170,779,000 while California's is $ 6,258,720,000. Alaska's costs are higher but there are so many fewer miles and so many fewer people that California still stomps all over it in both tax revenue and expenditures.
 
Well when I got this last truck the tank would only hold $60 worth of gas. Now it will hold $120 worth of gas. It's like a miracle, I don't know how the government did it.
 
Here's some math.

According to the US Energy Information Administration, data from 2023 shows Alaska used 6,248,000 gallons of gasoline, while California used 314,150,000. So using the tax figured posted above, that gives Alaska $ 559,196 in tax revenue, and California got $ 192,259,800. In Alaska, highway construction costs $27,545 per lane mile. In California, it costs $16,048. (Those figures came from this article, which says they are "construction" costs, so that may be *initial* construction cost, not maintenance. I would assume maintenance is lower, but still similarly proportioned per state.). So that means Alaska's total road cost is $ 170,779,000 while California's is $ 6,258,720,000. Alaska's costs are higher but there are so many fewer miles and so many fewer people that California still stomps all over it in both tax revenue and expenditures.
Robert you've got a sharp pencil ! :)
 
Oil is a FINITE energy resource. Fact. The end is coming soon....
 
Soon? Not in my lifetime.
Nor in my lifetime either, currently there are 47 years of KNOWN proven oil reserves under current usage, new reserve discoveries, and new technology will undoubtedly add much more to the supply over the coming years.
 
Last edited:
Such a short-sided reliance on a finite resource shows poor strategic planning. All the while, our chi-com enemies move forward by reducing their reliance on a failed technology and the enemies of the state make a huge profit.
 
This is why we are still reliant on fossil fuels, why we are still pumping out greenhouse gasses, and why the debt is at 39 trillion. It's someone else's problem.
How can this even compare to what nature has pumped out?
 
still $4.499 at Redners Market
 
Last edited:
Gas prices are surging as lawmakers want EV owners to ‘pay their share’ with new $130 annual fee

House lawmakers unveiled a sweeping five-year highway bill authorizing roughly $580 billion in transportation spending. Tucked inside is a new annual registration fee of $130 for electric vehicle owners, rising gradually to $150 starting in 2029. Plug-in hybrid drivers would face a separate $35 fee, climbing to $50.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...a1b9d5dc7e74eb9934e86cec43cc787&ei=15#image=2
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom