What's new

Could this be a Bone Handle?

digginNdreamin

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I found this while digging a hole for a new mailbox..As a treasure hunter / metal detectorist, I'm always on the lookout for anything that don't look quite right, and this is one of those things..
I'm in the north central part of north Carolina..It was found about 8-10 inches deep and probably a 1/4 mile from a river..

I thought I would run it by the experts.. Thanks for any and all help,

Scott
30716146_1632536720115216_6808576861371629568_n.webp30741791_1632536560115232_6257281056894877696_n.webp30724286_1632536743448547_1652977975580164096_n.webp30710244_1632536610115227_4478972692917125120_n.webp30762664_1632536673448554_7258385509221662720_n.webp
 
Upvote 0
I've sent a PM to Harry Pristis, hopefully he'll chime in. He's as good as anyone on this site at bone identification.
 
Because I'm killer with a bonesaw, I've hafed few cattle with my great uncle on his farm. Looks like the a familiar cut of a hand bonesaw to me. However I did find a bone handle looking for artifacts one time. One from the pioneer people's and not the Native Americans. My guess is that's a cow bone from one butchered on the farm.
 

Attachments

  • s-l300.webp
    s-l300.webp
    3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20180418_091129.webp
    IMG_20180418_091129.webp
    1 MB · Views: 75
all of the other NA stuff ive found out of the river bottom VERY close by I can indentify but this was just one of those things I had to check on..
Thanks for all the replys
 
Hello all,
I found this while digging a hole for a new mailbox..As a treasure hunter / metal detectorist, I'm always on the lookout for anything that don't look quite right, and this is one of those things..
I'm in the north central part of north Carolina..It was found about 8-10 inches deep and probably a 1/4 mile from a river..

I thought I would run it by the experts.. Thanks for any and all help,

Scott
View attachment 1579169View attachment 1579170View attachment 1579171View attachment 1579172View attachment 1579173


1494504075_5914528b8a72d.webp

Looks like a perfect match ......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom