What's new

Could use some help identifying this point

lisfisher

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,027
Golden Thread
2
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine found this the other day, found in CT. Can anyone identify the type or age or anything else? Thanks! { is it made of chert?? }
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140430_190110_151 (3).webp
    IMG_20140430_190110_151 (3).webp
    255.3 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
possible variant of a 'Greene'
 
nice looking point. its got so much creek stain on it which makes it look good.
 
I'd probably typed that as a Bear Island...4,500-1,500 years old... I'm not sure if it's "chert" but its some type of similar material maybe Felsite... Most likely whatever is local.
I don't know why rock said creek stain... I didn't see you mention anything about a creek... Nice patina from age though.
 
Last edited:
No creeks nearby as far as I know, my friend did some excavation work in his backyard, moved tons of dirt around, etc and this ended up on top.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom