What's new

Could you tell it is silver when the end of a roll shows the just the reverse

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you tell it is silver when the end of a roll shows the just the reverse.

If you have rolls of Kenns and Rosies and on the end of the rolls you can just see
the reverses can you always tell if it is silver?

What do you all think?

Darth Walker
 
Upvote 0
I have seen several end reverse kennedys that were silver without a doubt but they were always clean coins. Ive definately had more kennedy reverse enders that i couldnt tell though.
 
Silver has a different shine from clad. You can tell them apart fairly easily if you have experience.
 
I've had boxes where some of the clad halves look like they could be silver because of the toning.
 
Yep, I can always tell.
 
Re: Could you tell it is silver when the end of a roll shows the just the revers

I can tell (usually).

OWS
 
Coins4Cheese said:
Silver has a different shine from clad. You can tell them apart fairly easily if you have experience.

Yeup, it is rare to not be able to tell, like when they are covered in crud.
 
I've always been able to tell; but I also get fooled now and then.
 
Yes, once you get used to seeing the color of silver, you can tell the difference. A 64D will have the D mintmark under the left leg of the eagle on the reverse.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom