What's new

couple of interesting coin machine finds - foreign silver!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
0
Used the coin counter at my dump bank today, and noticed a couple of coins in the reject bin.

A 1942 Australian 3 pence piece - .925 silver!
:hello2:
DSC06019.webp DSC06027.webp




And I really have no idea what the second one is. Not quite round, about the size of a dime.

DSC06022.webp DSC06024.webp

I assumed it is some kind of button, though there seems to be nowhere to tie thread. I'm stumped with this. Anyone got any ideas?
 
Upvote 0
That's a fake ancient coin. Or I could say replica.
 
It's a fake of a coin sometimes called the Widow's Mite (Bible story).
Ruler: ​
Alexander Jannaeus
Date: ​
103-76 BC
Denomination: ​
Prutah
Obverse: ​
Anchor
Reverse: ​
Star
Like this :
​
2510293.jpg
 
awesome job on the sterling Australian piece!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom