What's new

Couple of small scrapers

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was checking out the creek today (geez I'm hooked lol) found a couple of small scrapers (maybe) and an eroded quartz point. Am I calling this correct about the scraper? I had my son hold them so maybe my pics will turn out better...what setting on a digital camera does everyone use.
 

Attachments

  • 3-30-13.webp
    3-30-13.webp
    91.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_6709.webp
    100_6709.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_6712.webp
    100_6712.webp
    372.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_6707.webp
    100_6707.webp
    802.7 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
Definitely a couple nice thumb scrapers. The "point" I'm not so sure of. It has the shape of a resharpened Savannah River type but... it looks larger grained than what would be used for knapping and appears..at least from the photos...to have just broken in a provocative way. That's just my opinion from a photo..don't take it to the bank.
 
Well I dont think the scrapers are worked. They look natural to me and IDK about the other one. Its always good to get out though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom