Couple of spots,couple of finds...

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
So we had a heatwave through here on wednesday high of 41 with a lot of sun and some really cold weather close behind it. Got out to a spot Ive hunted a few times that is real close to the house I was doing,great big area 7 houses were torn down only one earlier than 1900,place has given up silver,some wheats lot of clad and piles of trash. Dug a few holes and noticed the ground was still frozen a couple of inches below the surface so it was tough going at first. Then I broke my little spade in half and the going got tougher,after I twisted my stainless digging tool, that I have never even came close to bending,into sort of a snake shape I decided to go to emergency backup plan. 2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Headed over to this other old spot I know about,talked to a guy that works for a property management co. that is looking over it til it is sold,turn of the century been vacant at least 10 years Id say,went to it because I knew there was a little bit of woods attached to it,figured the ground might be soft in woods,and its on the way home, dug all clad,not even a wheat,found a whatzit looks like a knob for a dresser but the hole isnt threaded and its very heavy for its size,maybe solid copper,couple of keys and a tiny skateboard truck and of course a pile of trash,thanks for looking :} Shoot5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Upvote 0
Bummer about your gear getting busted. That soil may require a flame thrower to heat it up!! ;D

Will these sites be turned into a subdivision or something soon? Maybe there is a fencepost cache around there somewhere since the houses are old. Anyhow, hope you can get in some more hunting before the soil gets even harder.

Shoot,

equipment failure, bummer >:(

Well, at least you had some good weather; think
that warm stuff will hit us in a day or so.

have a good un.....

I have the same shovel...it took me two broken shovels to find out the limitations

HH
-GC

cool digs, sorry to hear about your equipment though,

hh

lonewolfe

Good perseverance.Way to stick with it.
I broke the handle on the same type of shovel this week. We need to team up and we'd have a whole one.

Good post! Felt like I was right their with you...sorry about the diggers, at least you scored in the final round!

HH/NS

;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back