Couple of spots,couple of finds...

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
So we had a heatwave through here on wednesday high of 41 with a lot of sun and some really cold weather close behind it. Got out to a spot Ive hunted a few times that is real close to the house I was doing,great big area 7 houses were torn down only one earlier than 1900,place has given up silver,some wheats lot of clad and piles of trash. Dug a few holes and noticed the ground was still frozen a couple of inches below the surface so it was tough going at first. Then I broke my little spade in half and the going got tougher,after I twisted my stainless digging tool, that I have never even came close to bending,into sort of a snake shape I decided to go to emergency backup plan. 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Headed over to this other old spot I know about,talked to a guy that works for a property management co. that is looking over it til it is sold,turn of the century been vacant at least 10 years Id say,went to it because I knew there was a little bit of woods attached to it,figured the ground might be soft in woods,and its on the way home, dug all clad,not even a wheat,found a whatzit looks like a knob for a dresser but the hole isnt threaded and its very heavy for its size,maybe solid copper,couple of keys and a tiny skateboard truck and of course a pile of trash,thanks for looking :} Shoot 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Bummer about your gear getting busted. That soil may require a flame thrower to heat it up!! ;D

Will these sites be turned into a subdivision or something soon? Maybe there is a fencepost cache around there somewhere since the houses are old. Anyhow, hope you can get in some more hunting before the soil gets even harder.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Shoot,

equipment failure, bummer >:(

Well, at least you had some good weather; think
that warm stuff will hit us in a day or so.

have a good un.....

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same shovel...it took me two broken shovels to find out the limitations

HH
-GC

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool digs, sorry to hear about your equipment though,

hh

lonewolfe

Parkerized

Oct 11, 2006
Coastal North Cackylacki
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000/ Nautilus DMC IIB/CZ-6a/ Tejon
Good perseverance.Way to stick with it.
I broke the handle on the same type of shovel this week. We need to team up and we'd have a whole one.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post! Felt like I was right their with you...sorry about the diggers, at least you scored in the final round!

HH/NS

;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread