What's new

Couple recently

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the rain I havent been able to go much but have been looking in other spots. Had a big gator sighting in one of my best creeks I wade in. It was said to be 11 ft long some of the creek isnt even 11 ft wide. Talked to the owner and he said he found 1 of his cows in a root ball at the creek and thought maybe it had gotten stuck in the creek and drowned by mistake but now he isnt so sure. Im not sure if I will ever jump back into that creek now, how scary!! We just got another super flood and that creek was into the fields. Anyway here are my finds all N GA surface finds on private property with owners permission, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC13489.webp
    SDC13489.webp
    341.4 KB · Views: 165
  • SDC13449.webp
    SDC13449.webp
    286.8 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
Forgot 2
 

Attachments

  • SDC13498.webp
    SDC13498.webp
    304.5 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC13500.webp
    SDC13500.webp
    327.3 KB · Views: 100
Nothing great but better than staying home. If it ever quits raining I do need to paint outside some.
 
Nice finds , man I couldn’t imagine having to worry about gators while hunting especially since sometimes I really zone out ..... walked within inches of a beaver that was bigger than my yellow lab .... he was huge and easily could have got me if he wanted to but I swear he never did move an inch looked like a statue
 
rock nice finds is that a hafted scraper ?
 
Don’t worry about that alligator. Just thump him real hard in the head with a stick if he gets too close. He ain’t ’t nothing but an overgrown lizard! Lol.
 
Just wear a King Kong costume...next time...lol
 
Nice finds. Congrats
 
Nice finds , man I couldn’t imagine having to worry about gators while hunting especially since sometimes I really zone out ..... walked within inches of a beaver that was bigger than my yellow lab .... he was huge and easily could have got me if he wanted to but I swear he never did move an inch looked like a statue

After reading what you said about beavers I looked online and they do attack humans once in a while. Didnt know but they get rabies so you are lucky it didnt attack. One time I was chased by a beaver in a creek while I was yakking that sucker followed me which seemed like forever slapping its tail next to my yak and spraying me with water I finally out ran it. I drove by that creek before the last flood and didnt jump in due to the spot I have to get in at is knee to waist deep and the water was higher than normal but looked inviting. Lots of trees and rocks have been moved. This time of the year we get a lot of travelers and they stay under the bridges and I saw one eyeing me. I have to walk a long ways and cant see my truck after I leave I let the owner know maybe he will run them off, will see.
 
rock nice finds is that a hafted scraper ?

You have been doing this longer than me if its a scraper its one of the nicest ones like it I have found. I checked the stem to make sure it wasnt a broken drill and its a finished stem thinned out. Guess it could be a scraper if you say so?
 
Don’t worry about that alligator. Just thump him real hard in the head with a stick if he gets too close. He ain’t ’t nothing but an overgrown lizard! Lol.

Do you have gators in your creeks? Ive always heard they arent here so I have never looked while wading. I usually dont go deeper than knee but you know every once in a while I step in a deep hole. There are spots you cant walk and I just climb back out and walk around. For now on I will be walking the banks real good before I jump in I can tell you that for sure. I have yakked the upper end before but always got a creepy feeling like somebody was close by but maybe it was that dang gator watching me instead. Im not sure where that gator was spotted the owner thinks it was his fishing hole which is a train bridge on his property which isnt to far from my normal hunting spots. Its a bigger section and deeper spot. I might start driving it but there is many gates I have to go through to get there will have to ask if its okay. Id hate to not lock one rite and his cattle get out.
 
I was wondering same thing,bottom one in 2inhand pic.Great looking material

The material is a type of jasper I think it is worked on both sides so it was probably a knife blade shame on the tip. But most bigger pieces in the fields show damage from the disc.
 
Do you have gators in your creeks? Ive always heard they arent here so I have never looked while wading. I usually dont go deeper than knee but you know every once in a while I step in a deep hole. There are spots you cant walk and I just climb back out and walk around. For now on I will be walking the banks real good before I jump in I can tell you that for sure. I have yakked the upper end before but always got a creepy feeling like somebody was close by but maybe it was that dang gator watching me instead. Im not sure where that gator was spotted the owner thinks it was his fishing hole which is a train bridge on his property which isnt to far from my normal hunting spots. Its a bigger section and deeper spot. I might start driving it but there is many gates I have to go through to get there will have to ask if its okay. Id hate to not lock one rite and his cattle get out.


A few. Here's one that was in our local creek.
 

Attachments

  • Lee Co. Georgia..webp
    Lee Co. Georgia..webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 78
2 critters I am sooooooooooo glad to not have to deal with in my creek, cottonmouths and alligators! Those are some super nice finds and love the materials!
 
Nice finds. Congrats
 
Don't worry gators and crocs are ambush hunters,you won't see it coming.
 
Thats a scary sight and water looks shallow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom