Couple short hunts this week - Mercury dime, wheats, religious items

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting away for a couple hours each morning at my dependable spot. It's got a few areas in it that seem to be divided into eras: Upper half is more of a 1940's-1960's as that is the year of most of the items that I find there - but the section down near the bottom is my favorite. It's got pieces from the late 1800's through the 1920's. Last couple hunts I managed to find some Catholic jewelry. (Posted the Saint Medallion last week) this time I found a Virgin Mary ring (sized for a child), a Saint Anne medal and a crucifix. Moved over a bit and I dug some more older wheats and another mercury dime (1919). I was surprised to find a broken metal soldier on horseback as well. Some misc stuff popped up too ("Jim Dandy" pocket knife - one of three I found down there) - decorative pin, glass button with brass back to it, and ANOTHER Excelsior Shoe Company token! This one is a different version than the one I found before - as it has the swastika on the back. I thought this was quite a lucky find. Now all I need is the third one and I'll have the complete set! LOL! No shortage of signals in this sweet spot and I hope some more cool finds pop up again next time I go there. The lion head item was a bit disappointing as I really wanted to see what it looked like without it being bent like it is - perhaps there is a way to restore it? (I have no idea what this was particular piece was attached to in the past - anyone here see on like it?)

Maybe I'll get lucky and find some key date wheats down there. I seem to bring home at least three of four each time I go there and they all tend to be from 1909 - 1920's. Crossing my fingers..

Hope everyone's hunts are fantastic!! Thanks for reading my sleep-deprived ramblings.. :wink:

Attachments

• aug 4 group.jpg
    aug 4 group.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 311
  • aug 5th group.jpg
    aug 5th group.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Friday morning hunt group.jpg
    Friday morning hunt group.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 321
  • mercury dime 1919 front and back.jpg
    mercury dime 1919 front and back.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 316
  • excelsior tok front and back.jpg
    excelsior tok front and back.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 313
  • metal horseman both sides.jpg
    metal horseman both sides.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 312
  • ST Anne medal - A.jpg
    ST Anne medal - A.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 307
  • ST Anne medal - B.jpg
    ST Anne medal - B.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 308
  • small decorative pin front and back.jpg
    small decorative pin front and back.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 310
  • lion head - A.jpg
    lion head - A.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 306
  • jim dandy pocket knife.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 250
Upvote 0

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some really cool finds as always! the camera you have i got one off ebay yest. a GE A950 your pics are very clear so i needed one and got it for $55.00. HH to ya Black :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking Merc :icon_thumright:
Love the lions head . . . I wonder what that was from? :icon_scratch:

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds,WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread