Cowboys and Indians Guarding the silver While the barber shaves the cow!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Well we headed out to Washington park today...We only got 3 hours of hunting in before the silly rain started...sigh.....Nickel_buff1935 started the day off right with a massive silver mans ring.....We continued to move across the property until we found a area (not very big) where we could swing through the penny signals and trash....This area is LOADED with metal....I can not wait until my new 3X6" DD gets here!!! I bet it will help out alot. My first real signal came about 30 minutes into the hunt. In fact it is the first signal i dug! A nice 1908 Barber dime! It was cool because i made Nickel_buff swing his Minelab Xterra 50 over the signal and he did not even get a hit. It was a very faint signal next to 2 pulltabs. I extracted the pulltabs to help pinpoint the target....And at 7.5 inches down out pops this nice silver dime....Nickel and I just looked at it laying in the bottom of the hole for around 20 seconds before i dove on it!!!
As the time went on i continued pulling silver from this area....Nickel also dug a 1983 quarter then after rechecking his hole pulled the 1947 Washington. The V nickel was my 10 YO's Eyeball find from a week or 2 ago. All in all we did decent for 3 hours....I wish we could have been there all day...GRRR @ YOU RAIN!!! The cowboy i am unsure as to the age...Same goes for the Badge...But you will see i Dinged the badge nicely...sigh....
If anyone has any info on this watch fob please let me know...It is dated 1870 and the one word i can see is commemorative. Nickel found this cool little cow also....I love this thing!

I am sorry in advance for all the pics...I know it will take a bit to load. I just got this camera and i am learning it.

5xhpkch.jpg
4vdpbnt.jpg

4qdvc0n.jpg
4uncvg9.jpg

4vo47mh.jpg
4pz0615.jpg

626xtsk.jpg
5y2m8uq.jpg

4pey8up.jpg
4lh52cm.jpg

5y9vj48.jpg
681xnro.jpg

4qebrs6.jpg
4uyn7r7.jpg

4pv9bif.jpg
5xizith.jpg

4p4wpsn.jpg

63wp4wi.jpg
4zvbdx0.jpg

4mmcv4k.jpg
538nzfc.jpg

4zm3s3m.jpg
6h7ow9u.jpg

4l41kyu.jpg
63jwbiv.jpg

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Great bunch of finds outraged...always nice when you get a variety...and lots of silver....Congrats.....why is it I start twitching when I see one of those religious medals?...

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Looks like that barber dime may have been in a shotgun roll at one time (may have caused the circle mark in the middle). Nice finds!

Paul

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Paul in Wa said:
Looks like that barber dime may have been in a shotgun roll at one time (may have caused the circle mark in the middle). Nice finds!

Paul
Shotgun roll? What is that? lol...sorry i have never heard that before. And thanks guys!!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Wow, nice haul. All that from Washington Park? Dang, I feel a road trip coming. ;) :D

What detector you using there? Nate's DFX had trouble in that park picking up the deep silver.

Bob

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
Wow, nice haul. All that from Washington Park? Dang, I feel a road trip coming. ;) :D

What detector you using there? Nate's DFX had trouble in that park picking up the deep silver.

Bob
I am using a Spectrum XLT. I would try the shadow there but there is WAY too much trash. I would say there is 100000 pennies per square yard. We also dug over 70 clad each....I just did not show that.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outraged,
Fantastic finds.
Congrats,
MM

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Loads of great finds, love the 1876 Indian and very sweet ring!! Congrats to you both for all those goodies and for sharing!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds...great assortment of everything. Excellent pics too!

;) RR

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
Nice Barber dime! Too bad you decked her head.

That is how it came out of the hole...I luckily did not nick this one......It is a weird mark.

Thanks guys for all the well wishes!!!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Great finds,lot of nice silver and ih. WTG

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
A shotgun roll is a shotgun shell that someone has emptied out, and filled with coins as a stash. When full, they would re-crimp the roll to make it look like any other shotgun shell. When they re-crimped them, the primer (little cap thing on in the center of the brass part) would leave a circle indentation on the first coin......which is what yours looks like.

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread