Noodle said:Looks like a homemade gadget. Couldn't be rotating; no round element on the extention. Looks like exertion has been placed on the knob; it appears to be snapped/broken. How could you turn a knob with such an extention on it? A churn would make more sense.

The shaft does not have to be round. Actually, if it was round, it would not work. I see no reason to believe it cannot be a crank.Rick (Nova Scotia) said:Yes the knob does turn, which is puzzeling as noodle pointed out the "shaft" is rectangular, not round.

creskol said:nova treasure said:mid 1800's door bell crank handle ?
Bill
I think Bill's ID is correct , a Victorian doorbell lever.![]()
Iron Patch said:I call that a fastball into the woods.![]()
creskol said:nova treasure said:mid 1800's door bell crank handle ?
Bill
I think Bill's ID is correct , a Victorian doorbell lever.![]()
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:Iron Patch said:I call that a fastball into the woods.![]()
Agreed, but don't have much of a pitching arm.
Iron Patch said:Rick (Nova Scotia) said:Iron Patch said:I call that a fastball into the woods.![]()
Agreed, but don't have much of a pitching arm.
I used to, but with knees getting bad I don't plan to risk my elbows. So I guess it's more like a weak underhand toss into the woods.
creskol said:Iron Patch said:Rick (Nova Scotia) said:Iron Patch said:I call that a fastball into the woods.![]()
Agreed, but don't have much of a pitching arm.
I used to, but with knees getting bad I don't plan to risk my elbows. So I guess it's more like a weak underhand toss into the woods.
My knees are bad, too, but I can't imagine how hard it would be to walk on your hands when you have bad elbows!

Can we keep guessing even though its solved?Produce Guy said:I would have to say a casement window crank![]()
