What's new

CRAZY VIDEO! Blizzard in Pennsylvania, USA (Dec 25, 2020)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,849
Reaction score
76,294
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must have been the extreme western pa area around Erie.
we didn't get snow that layed till overnight.

lol this guy Beer & a Cigar, using a blow torch, but he forgot the gasoline first :laughing7:

000aaa.webp000bb.webp

CRAZY VIDEO! Blizzard in Pennsylvania, USA (Dec 25, 2020)



 
Last edited:
That guy looks like Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation...
 
Jeff, I am a half hour away from Erie and I just lived through that storm. We got 24 inches in 30 hours. I just had a surgery and could not plow. I have so much that the local plow drivers cannot push it. I will have to get a large wheel loader to clear my drive. Drifts are 4 foot deep in spots. One of the worst storms in my 66 years.
 
In higher latitudes we call that a "White out", very dangerous. Cars wreck, and people that lose electrical power sometimes have no running water, no heat, and no way to make snow into water, much less the ability to flush the toilet...

Then the pipes freeze and you gotta replace the plumbing.

Some meteorologists refer to snowfall of an inch or more an hour as "Thunder snow", despite the lack of lightning.
 
Ooooo..... I'd seen enough = didn't finish the video.

Takes me back to the days in the 80's when I was living in Madison, Ohio - outside Cleveland. I had a 4wd Bronco and had to become a "bus driver" to get friends to the Perry Nuclear Plant (worked there 3 times).

No snow in my end of Virginia yet this year and it may be pretty, but I don't need to see it again.
 
Thanks Jeff for that reminder of why I moved out of Connecticut, New York and Northern Illinois.
I don't think that flame thrower would be approved here in California--but it certain would satisfy for home protection.
Don......
 
I live in Connecticut most of my life and still do. In the late fifty, I used to live in Northfield, New Hampshire, and we got a lot of snow, more then Connecticut and colder. Seniors, get high school children to do heavy shoving.
 
I agree... I think you got a shot of Cousin Eddie! When I was a kid in northeastern Oregon in the 1950's we had snow like that all winter long! Now we have pretty mild winters. Thanks for posting.
 
This is probably not the right time to say what the weather is like now in SoCal.
Don....

Droughts, wildfires, mudslides and earthquakes out there. I'll take the cold and snow any day. At least my house will still be here come Spring...
 
Add in a little more snow to that Pa storm and it would look like
one of our early Spring snowstorms. beer.gif

After years of running long-haul, I've seen winter and summer weather in
all lower 48 states, except for Vermont. I do agree that snowstorms on the
East coast generally have a greater impact on the population, especially in
the cities.

East coast cities are often masses of humanity compacted into too small
of an area, with old, narrow streets. With no place to put the snow, they
often have to truck it out of town. More than a foot of snow in NYC, and it
can become a real nightmare. cold-1.webp

Out here, if we get a foot of snow they plow the roads, and life goes
on pretty much as normal. We do get slammed hard every couple
of years, and are due this year to have some very heavy late winter
snows.

Here's from Feb. of '19.

DSC_0034.webp DSC_0036.webp
DSC_0038.webp DSC_0041.webp
DSC_0043.webp
 
Last edited:
I Pretty much Knew we were overdue here.
the Last few years we got Less & Less Snow & the weather people kept predicting above normal snow falls.
Last Few Years We had Heavy Rain Falls & At least 1 Yearly summer flood.
in 2020 Rain was Light & The weather Predicted Normal Winter.


Everyone I talked to this Year said We don't get those type of Snows anymore.

They are always Wrong
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom