What's new

Creek Find

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this today while walking a creek. Does anyone know what it is and how old?

Thank you!

Kirk
 

Attachments

  • Water Scouting 013.webp
    Water Scouting 013.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
Looks to be a Bladett a tool that is very old or some call a early knife. I see the right side of it shows work on the edge. You should focus on the area it was found in might be some goodies there.
 
I assume the opposite side is flat, and with that I would say a finely touched up flake-blade. There is really no way of aging this piece.
 
Nice find! Without being with other points like they said hard to say on the age. Nice tool. It was used like a knife to process animals and cut brush or anything a knife would be used for. Nice example I would sure like to see what points are near that .
HH
TnMtns
 
I wish my pc did pics cause I have a backed blade from Tx. It would be a nice show.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom