Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CursumPerficio.jpg

I have searched this site and cannot find anything on this old map. Can anyonyone bring me up to speed?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The search function on this site isn't the most user friendly, but it can be done and I found 3 pages of posts related to the map you're asking about.

Go to Advanced Search. Click on the tab for "search single content type" and chose "posts." Type cursum perficio in the "keyword(s)" section. Go down near to the bottom of that page where it says, ""Show results as" and choose "posts," then hit "search now." It should come up with 3 pages of individual posts where that map is mentioned.

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold on...let me write all that down. Wait, I'll get my secretary to dictate.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that map will take you to the same place the rest of these fake maps will..nowhere

Might be a list for a scavenger hunt, rather than a map.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of things worth a NOTO ....IMO
...a large bordered triangle with a rectangular opening ???

DSCF1426 NOTO.jpg

A white slab of stone with carvings, including a cross at the bottom, covering most of another opening at the top of a short pathway.

DSCF1372 c.jpg

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1619836

Looks like it had a number of owners, since it came off the printing press in Antwerp.

Tomus Tertius, third volume. I believe Societatis Iesv is Company of Jesus. Ioannis de Sanctus is St. John.

P.S. very cool pics! The carved plug looks hexagonal and the Cross looks like a Crucifix. You find the coolest stuff out there.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Third volume of a three set authored by Fr. Juan (de) Osorio, a Spanish Jesuit (1542-1594), titled Concionum Sanctis a book of sermons, which are for the usual days and the festivities. Fr. Osorio's specialty was moral theology. Note that the first page is in Latin, but the licenses on the next page are in Spanish.

The handwriting on the top translates to: College of the society of Jesus, Neuberg 1623.

And the two phrases, Sum Johannis Eberhardi in S. Eraas s. ( "priest of St. Eraas" (?) in shorthand) and Sum M. Leonardj Braun and the text on the page opposite this one (Sum Johannes Mayer and "L.K.") respectively translate to "my owner is.. (name)" or another way of saying "this book belongs to..." indicating that this book passed from one hand to another on it's journey overseas.

And no accident that this is a three volume set.

This particular book was found by Abe Reid, and several decades later, another was found by John Burbridge, but unfortunately was sold to a collector in New York. Tom Kollenborn has seen and touched this book, but as I understand it, is loathe to comment on it because it goes against everything he preaches and believes in, as far as the history of the Superstitions.

The third book is either as yet, undiscovered, or has been found, but the discovery not publicized.

I suspect that a copy of the C.P. drawing existed in each of those books.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all of the great information. Your brain is like an encyclopedia Dude!

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Third volume of a three set authored by Fr. Juan (de) Osorio, a Spanish Jesuit (1542-1594), titled Concionum Sanctis a book of sermons, which are for the usual days and the festivities. Fr. Osorio's specialty was moral theology. Note that the first page is in Latin, but the licenses on the next page are in Spanish.

The handwriting on the top translates to: College of the society of Jesus, Neuberg 1623.

And the two phrases, Sum Johannis Eberhardi in S. Eraas s. ( "priest of St. Eraas" (?) in shorthand) and Sum M. Leonardj Braun and the text on the page opposite this one (Sum Johannes Mayer and "L.K.") respectively translate to "my owner is.. (name)" or another way of saying "this book belongs to..." indicating that this book passed from one hand to another on it's journey overseas.

And no accident that this is a three volume set.

This particular book was found by Abe Reid, and several decades later, another was found by John Burbridge, but unfortunately was sold to a collector in New York. Tom Kollenborn has seen and touched this book, but as I understand it, is loathe to comment on it because it goes against everything he preaches and believes in, as far as the history of the Superstitions.

The third book is either as yet, undiscovered, or has been found, but the discovery not publicized.

I suspect that a copy of the C.P. drawing existed in each of those books.

Good info, thanks Mr. deducer. I wonder what Tom Kollenborn saw that was so earth shattering? Tried cursum perficio with a translator and it returned "watermark." Strange...

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CP map is a locator map , which also contains some clues from the LH and the surrounding landmarks . The author had fit the clues in this manner that the ends of the lines in the interior to produce the main landmark which should be find .
CP means " the course of the water mark/filigree " . So if we connect all the lines in the interior of the filigree , then we have the known landmark ( head ) from Perfil mapa and from another stories and maps .

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Good info, thanks Mr. deducer. I wonder what Tom Kollenborn saw that was so earth shattering? Tried cursum perficio with a translator and it returned "watermark." Strange...

"Watermark" are the lyrics by Roma Ryan, who also wrote "Cursum Perficio," so probably that's where the confusion is?

Cursum Perficio is also the name of Marilyn Monroe's last home, an interesting place. The best meaning of that phrase is "here ends my journey" or "my journey ends here."

Either way, a fascinating aspect of this mystery.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Watermark" are the lyrics by Roma Ryan, who also wrote "Cursum Perficio," so probably that's where the confusion is?

Cursum Perficio is also the name of Marilyn Monroe's last home, an interesting place. The best meaning of that phrase is "here ends my journey" or "my journey ends here."

Either way, a fascinating aspect of this mystery.

"here ends my journey" or "my journey ends here."

Something that says you will don't go anywhere from there or you will die there ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread