Cursum Perficio Map or the Abe Reid Map

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as the number 7.....The Bible numerology code number 7

The book is by and for the use of Jesuit Fr.s. Therefore the drawing within the book was also by and for a Jesuit Fr. IMO.
.....who would understand the Latin and the symbolism used in the drawing, as well as the numbers used on any maps directly related to the "Cursum Perficio" referred to at the bottom.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"You have arrived," i.e., "your journey is finished." I'm not sure how you got the idea the author thought he was dying.

You like games , Ok . So , how you came to the conclusion my journey is finished ?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You like games , Ok . So , how you came to the conclusion my journey is finished ?

I think you may be misunderstanding what I'm trying to show you. I am not addressing you directly with those phrases- these phrases all fit what the idea is behind the cursum perficio wording on the bottom of the CP parchment.

Not playing games here.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

We are both right in the interpretation of the CP words . The author chose words with multiple meanings , first for the hidden in the lines landmark which is the main and the bigger for indentification of the site , and the second maybe for the trip would stop there because would find what was looking for . Of course , if he would die there or in the process , this is another story . But from the different places which the books were found , concludes they were died in the process .
There is another important clue in this map , which shows how to read the landmarks at the end of the lines and where are situated in regards with the main landmark . The words on the left side of the map ( quorum Eccla fulget ...) " tell " how the site with the landmarks at the end of the lines ( luna ) are west from the main landmark ( sole ) and how there exists a church between them .

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Deducer meant that the “Watermark” result is an error by GoogleTranslate .

A song by Enya, “Cursum Perficio”, is on her album Watermark. There must be an Enya fan on Google’s language database team or a programmer goofed up :dontknow:

Regardless, none of the other online Latin dictionaries supply the word “watermark”. There is no possible translation or colloquialism that would result in “watermark” from those two words.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

We are both right in the interpretation of the CP words . The author chose words with multiple meanings , first for the hidden in the lines landmark which is the main and the bigger for indentification of the site , and the second maybe for the trip would stop there because would find what was looking for . Of course , if he would die there or in the process , this is another story . But from the different places which the books were found , concludes they were died in the process .
There is another important clue in this map , which shows how to read the landmarks at the end of the lines and where are situated in regards with the main landmark . The words on the left side of the map ( quorum Eccla fulget ...) " tell " how the site with the landmarks at the end of the lines ( luna ) are west from the main landmark ( sole ) and how there exists a church between them .

At the "end of the path" (e.g., at the CP "boulder"), you would look for the features listed on the "sunburst" array of lines and see where they all lead to. Other than the riddle that is meus I think the words are straightforward physical descriptions. And even then, in that there are three meus, one at the beginning, and one at the end, I have a pretty good idea of what that word means. I agree that there are hidden clues on the CP parchment, however.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CursumPerficio  - Copy.jpg

A couple of shots of "possibles" ?

At the base of a cliff....

perficiorock enl.png

directly above....

smaller perficio.jpg

I haven't been able to climb up to the second one, but there is a shallow cave just to the right of it.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the "end of the path" (e.g., at the CP "boulder"), you would look for the features listed on the "sunburst" array of lines and see where they all lead to. Other than the riddle that is meus I think the words are straightforward physical descriptions. And even then, in that there are three meus, one at the beginning, and one at the end, I have a pretty good idea of what that word means. I agree that there are hidden clues on the CP parchment, however.

I believe MEUS are for monuments with a religion aspect and are to determine the limits of the Trail around the church .
The first ( lower ) is just east from the church on the Trail , the second is south-east from the church , where the Trail turns to the final point , and the third is south- west from the church , on the dangerous ( 1) path from the Priest map .

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe MEUS are for monuments with a religion aspect and are to determine the limits of the Trail around the church .
The first ( lower ) is just east from the church on the Trail , the second is south-east from the church , where the Trail turns to the final point , and the third is south- west from the church , on the dangerous ( 1) path from the Priest map .

No monuments or trails out there, except a game trail I sometimes follow if I want to take the lower route out. Them fellas cleaned up pretty well when they were done. As the CP parchment shows, everything is done subtly. The same is true out there.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No monuments or trails out there, except a game trail I sometimes follow if I want to take the lower route out. Them fellas cleaned up pretty well when they were done. As the CP parchment shows, everything is done subtly. The same is true out there.

No game trail at the church's site . Only the Trail from the stone trail map , which is also invisible marked on the LH . In the LH the trail goes from down Meus ( beside Specus ) to Transeo Ecclesia till Meus , and turns to Caverna Aurum . I believe are the last 5 Lugares ?
The church is very hard to find . Only if you are infront or at the LDM mine you can see it .

Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No games trail at the church's site . Only the Trail from the stone trail map , which is also invisible marked on the LH . In the LH the trail goes from down Meus ( beside Specus ) to Transeo Ecclesia till Meus , and turns to Caverna Aurum . I believe are the last 5 Lugares ?
The church is very hard to find . Only if you are infront or at the LDM mine you can see it .

Na, this is the church meaning on the LH
View attachment 1622399

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Doc , you are on the right place .

Sorry don't mean to be rude or anything , wish I could show more, send me your email . can send other pics of places on the LH, I have place almost all of it and have an idea what is missing. Im now more interested in stuff people have found not related to maps , more history than anything else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread