What's new

CW item or farm junk?

buddyb

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
85
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Garrett AT Pro
This piece is 4.5 inches long and was found in a CW camp that has been farmed for many years. It looks like a pin for attaching one part to another and has a hole at the bottom for a retainer. Any ideas what it might have come from? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0055_1.webp
    IMG_0055_1.webp
    96 KB · Views: 540
Is there water near by, could it be an oar lock from a row boat? :icon_thumright: HH
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Good guesses, but I failed to mention that the shaft is only 1/4" in diameter and the circle inside dia is 1". So it would be too small for pulling something with a tractor and too small for an oar lock.
 
Upvote 0
kracer55 said:
I've seen spring loaded latches on old cars with similar looking hooks.

Agreed! Spring loaded hood latch .. I think some tractors with tilting hoods also had something similar
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I'll consider this topic closed.
 
Upvote 0
buddyb said:
Thanks guys. I'll consider this topic closed

I have changed my mind. I don't think it is a spring loaded latch. As I picture a spring loaded latch, it should have a small hole farther up the shaft to retain a coil spring and the bottom of the shaft would be inserted into a hole in a bracket. This one has a hole at the end of the shaft as though it is for a retaining pin.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom