kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My recently acquired CZ 70 snapped in half at the beach yesterday. When the pistol grip snapped, I just jammed it into my belt and created an emergency hip mount. I was hunting about 12 feet out from the surf line at about 8 am. Found a few quarters and some weird silver colored pieces that the CZ loved. I fought the surf to get four or five scoops of sand out to find one of those annoying silver colored targets.
I took about three more steps and got another signal. The surf was beating on me a little, but two scoops and I had the target. I dumped the scoop and saw a thick gold edge. It looked too big and thick to be a ring but it was. Thought it had some engraving on the outside, but was happy to see the engraving was a row of eight diamonds. Decided to call it a day with this one. Will get out one more time tomorrow before heading back to Indiana. I hope I can snag one more ring before catching my plane.

Attachments

• gold_2044.jpg
    gold_2044.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 666
  • ring2037.jpg
    ring2037.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 673
  • junk2045.jpg
    junk2045.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0
Nice rings. :thumbsup:

You certainly worked hard and earned the gold :notworthy:
At least now you'll be able to afford the repairs to your detector :icon_thumright:

Ice, Gold and silver..just doesnt get any better I tell ya.. excellent finds. :thumbsup:

Now that's a nice ring, you don't find them every day. Congrats
Broken Knee

Nice ring! I just got a quick question. Being from Indiana and flying to the beach how did you get your metal detector on the plane. I asked an airline about it and they told me I couldn't take it. The reason I asked is I fly to Florida next month and I am trying to find a way to take my metal detector on the plane. I will be in Tampa for a few days and then take a cruise to several islands. I was disappointed to know I couldn't take the metal detector on the ship either! Any suggestions? I thought about mailing it to myself.

Jeff took his on the plane the last 2 years from Wichita KS. to Savanah. Maybe call and you'll talk to a different person. He boke his down and carried it in a back pack. He did NOT take his digger with him . And yes they scan it and took it out once.

bclark said:
Nice ring! I just got a quick question. Being from Indiana and flying to the beach how did you get your metal detector on the plane. I asked an airline about it and they told me I couldn't take it. The reason I asked is I fly to Florida next month and I am trying to find a way to take my metal detector on the plane. I will be in Tampa for a few days and then take a cruise to several islands. I was disappointed to know I couldn't take the metal detector on the ship either! Any suggestions? I thought about mailing it to myself.
just fly south west, it's not a problem to take it as carry on luggage. Break it down and put it in a duffel bag. good luck
Also just take it on the ship they don't need to know it is your hobby have fun
Broken Knee

beautiful rings congrats me an the red head where just saying the one ring looks like your flying above a coral reff somewhere where the water is clear as can be :icon_thumleft: very cool

Tank69 said:
beautiful rings congrats me an the red head where just saying the one ring looks like your flying above a coral reff somewhere where the water is clear as can be :icon_thumleft: very cool

Welcome to the red head Club there are a few of us on here!!!!! Red is-my ring Keeper!!!! HH chug and Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back