What's new

Dalton blade?

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy just showed me this. He found it in a field this morning. Told him i thought it was a type of blade. Wanted to share with you guys see what you thought 3 long 2 wide so Illinois .
 

Attachments

  • image-1600272368.webp
    image-1600272368.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1194834193.webp
    image-1194834193.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image-4093046211.webp
    image-4093046211.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Nice Find! :icon_thumright: Looks like it may have been used as a knife.
 
I agree with Old Digger. A knife would have been what I thought too.
 
...one of those special "Goldfish" ones :).....very nice....and I agree on what the guys say!
 
Where was it found? Looks S.W type. See Tom Clarks post from 3 days ago. Not a Dalton.
 
the base looks a little like buzzard roost,nice one.
 
That's not even close to being a Dalton. Nice point though.
 
Not a dalton but nice find it looks a little adena like to me ;)
 
I`m thinking Hatten knife, late archaic.
 
lake erie is the best i can come up with 9000 to 5000 b.p.
 
It is a very interesting piece that's for sure idk what it is but I like it haha
 
I'm not sure where this was found. Around here a find like that would probably pass as a Stanley. However, it has more of a Lecroy looking stem. I never have seen a Lecroy that wide. Nice find!!
 
Nice form on that mystery piece
 
Did he nor say in the original posting that it's So. Illinois? That said, the base seems oddly Lacroy, while the top part is big, fat blade. Interesting and cool piece. Thanks! Yakker
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom