What's new

Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Only made a short run in my local area today. Stopped at six banks and got a total of $15.00 in loose halves from teller trays. None of the banks had any rolls at all. Managed to keep the streak alive with another single 1969-D Kennedy 40%er. However, this coin is really spectacular. I would grade it to be mint state. Beautiful luster and no dings or scratches. One of the nicest coins I have ever gotten from the "wild". I hope the photo does it justice. Now for the bad news. The streak will have to be put on hold for a while as I'm going in for total hip replacement surgery a week from Friday (June 25th). I was hoping to CRH right up until the day before, just to have something to do. But, the pain has finally gotten to me and getting in and out of the car is now a major event. Have been walking with a cane since February and it's not fun. Had my other hip replaced in 2006 and that one is fine now. However, following the surgery I developed bad blood clots in my lungs and was "down" for quite a while. That being said, I'm preparing myself for this one coming up, so no cigars and am getting ready for heavy blood thinners. Have lost 32 lbs. and the surgeon now wants me to try and stay off my feet as much as possible. Soooo! with all of you wonderful people's permission, rileyboy is now on "CRHing sick leave" probably until late July or early August. I'll be monitoring the forum, so I want all of you to keep me excited with some great "scores" out there. All the best to everyone and wish me luck. I may need it.
rileyboy and "Riley"
 
Upvote 0
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Best of Luck for your surgery and a healthy easy speedy recovery...
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Rileyboy

Wish you the best on your surgery and the speedy recovery.

You great stories of the adventures of Riley will be missed.

May you can get relatives and nurses to do your pickups as you work the phones.

Get well soon!
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

I forgot the photo. Hope it's a good one
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0859.webp
    IMG_0859.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 308
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Best of luck to you, and I hope you have a quick recovery! Take it easy, and the streak will be alive when you can return!!
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Good luck on your surgery. Had a couple of friends that had the same problem and they are as good as new.
Just have to take it easy for the summer.
There will be plenty of silver waiting for you to get picked by fall. :thumbsup:
Best,
Rich
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Good luck with your surgery. Because of several health issues the doctors have told me that sooner or later I will have to do the same. Not looking forward to it. Don't worry, I'll leave you some silver. :icon_sunny:
HH
Gilbert
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Yes, wishing you a speedy & problem free recovery!

By the way I got 5 Silvers from a tellers tray ($12), and one was a 70's Proof.
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Good luck best wishes!!!!!!!
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

wishing you the best. hope you have a speedy recovery
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Dear Rileyboy,
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Your surgery will go as planned and you will be up and CRHing within no time with Riley--our new mascot.

May our Good Lord give you and your family many Blessings.

apush :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Wishing you well Rileyboy! You'll be back better than before.

Jim
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

wish you a speedy recovery. I know you will be back at it soon enough and raking in the silver!!
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Good luck!!
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

The surgery will come and go before you know it and you'll be back on your feet in no time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Good luck there Rileyboy - you'll be up and running in a couple of months. Enjoy the break. Maybe your area will be well seeded when you make the rounds.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

good luck om ur surgery...and hope u a speedy recovery...and the streak will continue when u return.
p.s. that 40%er is REALLY nice!
dont worry about ur surgery...u'll be fine, up, around, and crhing b4 u know it!
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Best wishes, Rileyboy :wink:
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

mountainman 2 said:
The surgery will come and go before you know it and you'll be back on your feet in no time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

My sentiments exactly. My thoughts and wishes are for a quick and hopefully painless recovery. Do what they say and
Riley will be out sniffing for silver for you again. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Rileyboy;
Best wishes for a smooth and uneventful surgery.
Sincerely, Grizz
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom