Day at the Park

Trozell

Greenie
Feb 9, 2009
CT
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,DFX,Garrett pointer
Hi all. Wife and I spent a few hours at a park hitting all the tot lots with the wooden chips. I detect and pinpoint and she likes to dig and recover. We did about five or six of them for a grand total of one penny. Nobody was using a nearby soccer field so we walked the perimeter and recovered all the remaining coins and many pull-tabs not shown.

Then there was one more play area at the far end of a large grass field. It must have been 5 or 6 acres. We took a random stroll across and in the middle of nowhere got a signal. It didn't come as a coin and we might not have dug it. But we figured might as well try it for laughs and remove the trash from the park. To our surprise a medallion came up followed by the silver chain. This is what is the greatest fun of MDing. Walking in nowhere land and finding something that just surprises you. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 3d chain.jpg
    3d chain.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 639
Upvote 0

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice!
Those tot lots will pay off eventually for you, just keep hitting them. One of my friends hits them occasionally and does great with both coins and jewelry and his favorite tool for the tot lots is athe ACE.
Good Luck!
Mike

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the necklace! awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread