What's new

Dem Bones!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D'em Bones!

Picked these up this afternoon...not entirely sure that they are even artifacts but they look worked. There is a real nice polish on the holed piece. Input would be appreciated! Click on the pictures for some crazy zoom!
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20130726-00921.webp
    IMG-20130726-00921.webp
    317 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG-20130726-00922.webp
    IMG-20130726-00922.webp
    158.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20130726-00926.webp
    IMG-20130726-00926.webp
    248.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG-20130726-00927.webp
    IMG-20130726-00927.webp
    178.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-20130726-00928.webp
    IMG-20130726-00928.webp
    208 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Maybe I'm wrong.
I just think it's impossible that fine drill marks would be visible considering the amount of water wear on that bone.
I think its just the natural pattern of the bone material visible on the edge of the hole.
I don't think that would even hang correctly if strung through that hole to be worn as a pendant.
The interior side also shows no signs of wear from a cord.

ForumRunner_20130727_095858-2.webp



ForumRunner_20130727_095858-1.webp



ForumRunner_20130727_095826-1.webp



ForumRunner_20130727_101316.webp

Not arguing.. just explaining my thoughts.
 
Last edited:
Larson1951! NP-CADDO-down here! VERDE! Walk in Wisdom!!
 
I think the bone has been drilled, but GB is right on the shell.
Seldom does a bullet/shot leave such a perfect hole, especially on the exit side, even with steel shot or fmj's.
I guess I have also spoken???
 
Wow...thanks for the comments everyone! I'm taking a closer look at the (possibly) drilled piece...
 
Green bone when shot splinters and shatters and the back blows out like crazy. I would say drilled and water worn. Unless there is a type of salt water boring critter that does that?
 
I think the bone has been drilled, but GB is right on the shell.
Seldom does a bullet/shot leave such a perfect hole, especially on the exit side, even with steel shot or fmj's.
I guess I have also spoken???


i agree
also gotta say i am putting a period on the end of this post of mine here
i respect everyone here for all of their thoughts

.
 
No idea from me on it. I just dont find many drilled pieces. Nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom