What's new

Denied

Hag730

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
620
Reaction score
398
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looked good in the scoop......:BangHead: stainless I believe, still nice to find a ring regardless. Did manage some silver, thin earring.

Stainless.webp

925 Ear.webp
 
Upvote 0
You got a SIlver ! , throw it to the pile it all adds up !
 
You got more than some of the guys hunting. Congrats on your great day.
 
It's all good practice, that's how I look at it.
Good luck next time.
:occasion14:
 
Scoop'em up and run! I'd be happy with silver right about now.
 
Never think a ring is SS until you test it .... especially if its not marked. I found an unmarked 14K in my SS rings..... couldnt tell but i happen to be in the light and it had a bit of a yellow tent to it.

Dew
 
Scoop'em up and run! I'd be happy with silver right about now.

Me too Sonny! Anything but clad and pulltabs right? I wonder how much a 5 gal bucket of pull-tabs weighs?
 
Last edited:
Hag730, I still find it hard to believe that people can actually make, and wear, wedding rings made of these junk metals like titanium, tungsten, and stainless steel. I mean, sure, they're resilient, look decent, and perform the function they were intended for (to let others know you're married). But for pete's sake .......... they have utterly no melt value. Doh!
 
Considering your "eyesight" double check the ss and don't ask the neighborhood kids what they see.
 
Never think a ring is SS until you test it .... especially if its not marked. I found an unmarked 14K in my SS rings..... couldnt tell but i happen to be in the light and it had a bit of a yellow tent to it.

Dew

As soon as you handle it, you realize it has no weight to it......but I tested it when I got it home just for &^%$ and giggles. No dice.
 
if marked 316L - its stainless.
 
I am with Tom on this junk rings meaning you are married. Its as if the marriage didn't mean anything. Maybe it doesn't anymore.
 
I am with Tom on this junk rings meaning you are married. Its as if the marriage didn't mean anything. Maybe it doesn't anymore.
I was thinking the same thing the other day...a wedding band is GOLD...they don't cost that much for a once in a life time symbol of your love and commitment.
 
It has no markings at all, but the inside of the ring looks like it was turned on a lathe......made me think SS.
 
There is just a whole lot of stainless out there these days. Not worth anything, but some of them look pretty good.
 
Nice ring anyway. Even a junk ring is better than no rings. Some people just can't afford gold rings when they marry and may try to buy one later. What might not seem like a large expense to some people is huge to others. Debt is a heavy load for a young marriage to carry around.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom