Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a little searching around the TN already but thought I'd get a quicker answer this way. When seeking property to hunt, do any of you submit some sort of business card, personal info, or some website type of credentials in helps of getting permission? I've always just been the meet and greet, kindly asking type of person, also mostly knowing the owner.

I own a small service related business, so I'm fortunate to go on to lots of old properties. Once I build a rapport with the homeowner, I'll ask to detect (or deer hunt). The problem is finding the time to get back there if I don't have time to do it right away.

yeah I think using my business card is a good approach even if I cant hunt at that moment

This card has opened some really nice properties for me. You also need a 30-second pitch! IMG_5266.jpg

yeah biz card, see my two responses here:

what I'm talking about are really 'introduction cards' or 'personal calling cards'. You can keep them in your wallet or purse. You meet someone for the first time and make it easy for them to remember who you are and where to find you. It can be in a variety of circumstances not just metal detecting property. Chance meetings in stores or where ever, old friends from school, people you strike up a conversation with and find you have some aligned interests which could even lead to sites you can detect etc. I've had people give them to me. They are retired. Not in any business. I learned this from a 9th grade teacher who I met by accident in a maritime museum after 30 some years. They handed me one and I thought what a great idea. They were long retired and not selling anything. Thinking outside the box - they come in handy and are cheap enough.

Business card used here. It gives the homeowners something tangible from you. I always advise that if we cause some damage that they do not like, we will come back and make it right.

Business card used here. It gives the homeowners something tangible from you. I always advise that if we cause some damage that they do not like, we will come back and make it right.
I like the business card approach. You might put on the cARD LOST items recovered also give ,me CALL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back