What's new

Detectorists, Rosslyn Chapel and the Holy Grail

At the time D.Browns books sparked my interests.
Rosslyn Chapel was built by Sir Wm. St.Clair. (1446-1450).
Not sure, but I think "Rosslyn" in language long gone, may mean: knowledge past from generation to generation?
The "apprentice column" within the chapel also intrigued me.
I doubt a metal detector will get near that area of Scotland though?
Good luck
Peace
 
Great article John! Although it would be a detectorists dream, I think some places deserve to be left untouched by us and archaeologists.
 
At the time D.Browns books sparked my interests.
Rosslyn Chapel was built by Sir Wm. St.Clair. (1446-1450).
Not sure, but I think "Rosslyn" in language long gone, may mean: knowledge past from generation to generation?
The "apprentice column" within the chapel also intrigued me.
I doubt a metal detector will get near that area of Scotland though?
Good luck
Peace

It's located in a village named Roslin.
 
Great article John! Although it would be a detectorists dream, I think some places deserve to be left untouched by us and archaeologists.
Thanks Mike. Where would you like to search (and why) if you had universal permission? Anything goes.
 
John, I am more of a jewelry hunter than relic. I can't swim so shipwrecks are out. I guess Buckingham Palace, or any of the estates of British royalty would be a good place to start. They must have had some historic jewelry losses. The Vatican would be another, Mount Vernon would be fun. With as much pull as you have over there, maybe you could get me in.
 
Last edited:
Thank you Escape,
but it's the ancient "meaning" of Rosslyn I hoped to convey. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
Obviously, Rosslyn is a town, chapel, historical, place of mystery, etc.
Peace
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom