What's new

Diamond ring found: updated pics

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,808
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Last Sunday I headed down to to the beach to detect while Hurricane Bill was passing up the coast. I met up with Bootybay and Boobird and a few other treasure hunters were also on the beach. there were huge cuts in the sand and I was hunting about 3 feet down, mostly in the wet sand.

I met a guy named Dan who is in my South Jersey club and we chatted a bit. I said to him, " I don't know why I'm hunting here...I have never found anything good here yet." He went on his way...and not 5 minutes later I found this ring.

I assumed it was fake as it had no markings and was so large. In a magnifier I couldn't find any flaws in it either. Well today I took it to the jeweler and he said..."THE DIAMOND IS REAL!!!!!" I started shaking. He said it is a cushion cut...1-1 1/4 carats maybe as high as 1 1/2 carats. He did not test the band...he said "what does it matter? the value is in the stone!" He estimated $4,000 if the smaller size and as much as $10,000 if it is 1 1/2 carats.
 

Attachments

  • bling1.webp
    bling1.webp
    6 KB · Views: 10,087
  • bling1.webp
    bling1.webp
    6 KB · Views: 9,497
  • bling2.webp
    bling2.webp
    11 KB · Views: 9,020
  • bling3.webp
    bling3.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 8,628
Upvote 16
Re: Diamond ring found during hurricane Bill

Not sure why this beautiful ring is not on the BANNER! My vote is in. Way to go Debbie!!!
 
Re: Diamond ring found during hurricane Bill

:notworthy: :headbang: :thumbsup: :icon_salut: :wav: :icon_salut:
 

Attachments

  • Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 3,277
  • emot86.gif
    emot86.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,310
  • Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 3,308
  • emot86.gif
    emot86.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,310
Re: Diamond ring found during hurricane Bill

thanks everyone!! Getting a better pic for Jeff to post!
 
BANNER!!!!!!! wtg awsome find! :notworthy:
 
Holey Crapola Debby, the new pictures are KILLERS awesome find for sure..
 
congratulations on this find, definatelt banner worthy
 
Beautiful ring, congrat$! HH, Mike
 
Congrats on that beautiful BANNER ring find CD. Most excellent!!! :occasion14:
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
Deb!!!

Congrats on the banner!!!

My wife keeps telling me I should do some beach hunting, and I ALMOST went down to the shore after the last storm, but the jeep saw a dirt road and turned against my will. (Jeeps can do that, you know!)...Anyway, that is a FANTASTIC find! You showed Dan that he isn't the only one who can pull the valuables out of the sand!

Let me know next time you head down and maybe I will meet you guys down there (just to keep my wife quiet for a while).

Neil
 
congrats on such a beautiful ring and the banner!
 
WTG ......... :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

That's awesome...I know that feeling very well..your heart starts pounding..harder and harder.........

Can't wait for the appraisal to come back..don't forget to post for us .........

Oh.....and some more close up photos wouldn't hurt either !!! HINT HINT !!!!

ROCKYREDBARON

HH TO ALL !!!!
 
Holy crap Debby! Way to represent us GAL detectorists! Big congrats on your banner.......Good for you girl!! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello: :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Moon
 
Debbie!! Congratulations nice rock
 
Congradulations on the ring, and the Banner.
 
Holy $^*T ! A $10,000 ring? Everyone should of voted Banner! :notworthy: Banner!
 
If rings could talk! wow! Im speechless, i bet its old too
 
Unless she was certain she lost it at the beach, some woman probably tore her house and car to pieces hoping to find her ring under a sofa cushion or behind the dresser. Probably also had some 'splaining to do, Lucy!!
- Grizz
 
Holly Crap !! :o

Real Bling, That's so beautiful !! :icon_thumleft:

It is funny how your first appraisal said that what dose it matter about the band the value is in the stones !! :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: That is very cool shows he is honest because most people would be like the gold guy and offer you melt value on the gold and nothing on the stone. :icon_scratch: They make a killing that way and it is wrong one of my dealers/coin shops dose this and it is not cool. ??? Should be laws on these kind of guys.... People spend $1400 on their loved one and they break up and they lose $1300 because the pawn shop gives them $100 for the gold and nothing on the 1/2 ct. rock. :dontknow: Now this happens to millions of people all over the United States and its just wrong.... >:( :help:

Oh well back to your item, :hello2: they usually put real stones in 14k gold or higher. Anything lower normally are fake stones. Real stones are almost never put in plated gold. If you can keep that that is awesome. I myself could use $8,000 but if you can keep it that's awesome. You already had it appraised you need to get it insured now and I guess you need a written appraisal to show to the insurance company. At least that's what I would end up doing myself.

Awesome job on the ring that is amazing !! :headbang: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom