S

Slickhead

Jul 13, 2014
San Antonio
Detector(s) used
Technetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering because of the comments about sand and salt being harder to hunt in. I wanted to use It on the beach in Port Aransas Texas

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being a single freq machine it probably won't be the greatest (might be bad) in the wet salt sand. Should be fine on dry land and sand.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry sand lt will work fine, wet sand will give you trouble.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did I screw up by getting a Technetics Delta 4000 for my first detector?:icon_scratch:

Most detectors are not well made for the WET sand meaning they will chatter and false a lot in wet or damp sand due to salt water. the minelabs and pulses are the best for that environment. If u stay away from the wettest sand u will be ok othwerwise put up with the chattering etc. rwd mo

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If u could find a detector that has manual ground balance then u can kinda lock it to that mode and it would be better than an auto grn bal machine. just a thought. rwd mo

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine for almost a year now, and have no complaints. It's *excellent* in parks and tot lots - the pinpoint mode means I can often find targets near metal equipment if I go slow and listen carefully.

I've tried it on the beach too, and my biggest issue is that the 8" coil it came with really isn't big enough for that use. Yes, wet sand makes it false, but you quickly learn how to "tune out" the worst of it and find targets. The last time I was on Sandbridge Beach (Southern Virginia Beach), I found a dozen or so .308 bullets in the wet sand. They rang up nice and clear, even at six inches deep or more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread