Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful day! 76 degrees and sunshine! Couldn't get much better than that. I spent several hours teaching the heifers how to metal detect today. They really caught on fast...just have to teach them not to nibble on the coil.... ;D They made for great company. No back talk or ridicule from any of them! :D
Anyhow.....this is what I decided to keep today.....I don't know what the top thing is...just different....then a mini ball and a slug (i guess) and a shell....got another marble....and I think this is a lip stick tube...a couple of button snaps...one says ? Wheeler ?.......then I got something else I don't know what it is..... two pennies...one 1945 wheat and the other just a penny....and finally this arrow looking thing. Anybody have any ideas what the unknown stuff is? I hope your day was a great one!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 0102stuff.JPG
    0102stuff.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0
What I was refering to was the bottom of those tines but what I was thinking was the 5 tine single large wheel push garden tiller.

Attachments

• spring-loaded-tiller2.jpg
    spring-loaded-tiller2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 179
HMMM.....Sounds plausible... ;) Thanks yall!!!

And yeah....those darn heifers! :D

:D

The triangle thing looks alot like a blade from a hay mower. they are triangle shaped blades that are rivited to a metal bar and slide back and forth in a mower bar. they are fairly common as they have been in use esentially unchanged since the late 1800s at least.

Timmy NY

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 132
Another great possibility! Thanks!

I don't know what it is about this particular find....guess I am just a relic junkie! ::) :D

I put flour on the back so you could see the spine that runs up the middle.

Thanks ya'll!

;)

Attachments

• whatisit0104.JPG
    whatisit0104.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 170
Great finds Nana. I found a perfume bottle in my back yard that has the same lid as your lipstick tube. If you find out who made it let me know. I will try to get a picture of it tonight and put it on tomorrow.

Neat taz! But sorry to say I have no idea on the date or manufacturer.... :'(

Post that pic! Maybe someone here will know!

;)

Way to go! If you ever find any indian artifacts let me know and I can help you there. I have no idea what the things are that you posted. Congrats!

Nice finds Nana! I have found a few of those cutter blades here in Germany, they are still used here. I was thinking the top item could be a branding iron but saw soemone mentioned wagon wheel wrench, another good possibility. Your finds are getting better, must be experience! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back