What's new

Did ok for the weekend, road Trip Got my first all silver roll!

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I went out of town to visit family and stopped by some banks.
First one I went to had $180 and I got exited when i saw the very old rolls with lots of writing on them.
Could be nothing but maybe, They were all dates. mostly 70's and 80's etc but one roll was marked 65 to 69 and yep, the whole roll was %40ers SWEET! Some of the rolls were marked with the initials JP
the rest yielded one 40%
Went to the bank just down the street and they had some more that were identical, Also some marked JP $80 worth gave up one 67

Went a bit further down to the next town and they had two banks,
First one had $500 worth, second bank had $1210 worth. I took em all and while riding in the car started going though them.
Not a bad haul as some were barren and some started popping 40's, All totaled after going though it all I managed to pull another 67 40's 4 90% kens and one Ben.
Not too bad. went to another bank today to place an order and I managed to get another box of $500 and it yeilded 2 90% kens and 3 40%s A box of dimes yielded 2 rosevelts

All totaled for the weekend
90 40%
6 90% kens
1 ben
2 silver dimes
2007 CRH Total: 9 17 07
War Nickels – 0
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 2
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 25
40% Kennedy - 187
Franklins - 5
Walkers - 4
Barber - 2
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves - 6


Ikes - 37​
 
Upvote 0
Yep, some times the road trip is the way to go! Congrats.
 
Now that's my kind of road trip. Bank to bank to bank Sure beats " Are We There Yet?." HH

Desertfox
 
Nice score!
Love those solid slugs o silver!
 
Methodical and successful.

Way to Go !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom